TSA Releases Updated Recommendations

mooneyguy

been around forever
As reported by flying newsletter

The Transportation Security Administration has issued two new documents encompassing security action items (SAIs) for FBOs and for aircraft operators. The documents amplify and restate many of the same recommendations in the originally issued documents from May 2004, including limiting or prohibiting vehicle access to ramps, locking fences and gates, installing surveillance equipment, encouraging based and transient pilots to lock their aircraft and being on the alert for suspicious activity. FBO personnel are encouraged to contact local authorities or TSA if they witness activity that fits profiles associated with possible terrorist action.

Earth shattering new info...:banghead:
Not sure about everyone else, but after hearing about ALL the screw ups at TSA I would not want to call them out to my field. If we are lucky they probably couldn’t find it anyway.:p

FBO personnel are encouraged to contact local authorities or TSA if they witness activity that fits profiles associated with possible terrorist action.

I took a bunch of photographs of the C-310 the other day on the west ramp at KTUS using a tripod (at sunset). Security was out there pretty quickly to see what was going on. They stayed long enough for me to lose the best lighting at the perfect angle of sunset. :banghead:

Those recommendations must be working!! :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

You know, there's been a terrorist threat of Canadians taking photos of Twin Cessnas that I read about on the internet. They probably thought you were an operative or something.

You know, when you let law abiding citizens take pictures of Cessnas, well the terrorists win! :)

:sarcasm:

You know, there's been a terrorist threat of Canadians taking photos of Twin Cessnas that I read about on the internet. They probably thought you were an operative or something.

You know, when you let law abiding citizens take pictures of Cessnas, well the terrorists win! :)

:yeahthat::rotfl:

Why don't we all set a certain date and time to flood the TSA with tens of thousands of "suspicious activity at general aviation airport" calls. Be sure to tell them about all the people who "seem really interested in airplanes", people "hanging out" at the airport, and people who tend to "keep to themselves". If anyone pulls out a camera and takes a picture of an airplane, they're a terrorist and need to be reported to the government immediately! :sarcasm:

The sad part is that it's only a matter of time before these "recommendations" become "regulations", and we'll all be subject to fines/penalties/certificate actions for countless petty violations that the TSA decides to come up with to generate revenue for their backwards agency. Just another useless government agency trying to justify it's existance.

I will never reveal my cover!!

Back