TSA makes ESPN....

SpiceWeasel

Tre Kronor
Vick has heard all the lines. He gets them at least three times a week. When a TSA guard checks out his ID at the airport, that guard always shows it to another, half-grinning, then snickers one of the following:

"Hey, Mike Vick! Like the quarterback!"

"You need to quit dogfighting."

"Out of prison already?"

"You've lost weight."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=wickersham_seth&id=3503493

If these people want to be taken seriously, they need to start acting serious. Quit being so hurt that people hate you when you do this sort of stuff; I also dislike that, in particular, at the Memphis Airport, some TSA people don't bother tucking in their uniform shirts, have cornrow styled hair, have grills, earrings, etc. Is our government that desperate that it has absolutely NO standards?

Think about the job.

And then think about the people who will want to do it.

The pool ain't that big, is it?

You couldn't pay me enough to sit there and stare at a stupid screen all day long and to deal with the doofuses who come through with all their bling on and wonder why the metal detector goes off. I think I'd go postal.

So they're scraping the bottom of the barrel to get people.

That's not excusing what the dorks in the article are doing, and they'll get theirs.

But people with names similar to celebrities or fictional characters are always dealing with this kind of stupidity.

One of my clients is named James Bond.

I am professional enough to not say anything about it because I know he's heard it about as many times as I heard Tony Toni Tone back in the early 90s.

But can you imagine what he has to deal with when he checks in to a hotel?

I am professional enough to not say anything about it because I know he's heard it about as many times as I heard Tony Toni Tone back in the early 90s.

"It never rains in Southern California!"

Why is it that when I just went to Europe, every screener did their job with the appearance and attitude of being professional. May or may not be safer, but I felt that they at least had the brain power to do their jobs.

Why is it that when I just went to Europe, every screener did their job with the appearance and attitude of being professional. May or may not be safer, but I felt that they at least had the brain power to do their jobs.
do you want to do the job?

Thats not the point... though I hear it pays better :laff:

I'd rather see robots doing the screeners job then the current folks. Either that, or the better option, use real LEOs.

I hear ya on the MEM TSA guys. Some look like they stepped right outta Orange Mound and into a uniform.

Just looked on the TSA website to see if they have their appearance guidelines posted, but no dice. I will say that it distresses me that an organization as high profile as the TSA tolerates people that would have been fired from Disney, Universal or Sea World for violating appearance standards.

Back