Tropical Storm Fay

ILSstud

Tried to get some flying in before the storm came through...only made it up for about 30 minutes. Then the fun started :) ...enjoy

magfsz.jpg

2rqbu9t.jpg

nn5do8.jpg

Nice hook echo right over my house!...apparently a tornado touched down about a mile away at a gas station...YIKES
2qa36s7.jpg

my front yard
11m6a0k.jpg

Ah yes....got to love the "Sunshine State" ;) Im sitting here in Orlando and nothing is really going on here yet....I really hate how slow these things move......

As far as the rain goes it seems to have really died down. I am down here in Stuart, and we had a couple tornado warnings and TONS and TONS of rain from about 4AM to about 11...now its just a little windy with some periods of rain. It is slow indeed though! Are you from FL originally? If so, you know this is most certainly NOT the sunshine state!:p

well the little line on TV goes straight over my house. It's just windy (kinda) with intermittent rain.
The largest trailer park in the US, Barefoot Bay, got hit by a tornado. A couple injuries and some homes uninhabitable.

Luckily, it's not as strong as it could have been.

Hope everyone stays safe.

I'm in St. Pete and we haven't gotten as much as a drop of rain. Kinda crazy considering they closed the schools, I got the day off of work, and they had originally evacuated low lying areas.

I flew right over the eye yesterday over Cuba. Twice. Going down to MBJ and coming back. Wasn't that bad of a ride, just some light chop. Had a nice conversation with a hurricane hunter that was out punching holes in it. Tried to get a picture of the eye wall, but it didn't turn out. It was a pretty cool sight.

I have heard that the actual amount of turbulence within the concentrated center of a hurricane is relatively minimal. It's the surface that you want to stay away from!

I flew right over the eye yesterday over Cuba. Twice. Going down to MBJ and coming back. Wasn't that bad of a ride, just some light chop. Had a nice conversation with a hurricane hunter that was out punching holes in it. Tried to get a picture of the eye wall, but it didn't turn out. It was a pretty cool sight.

Amazing pics! You fly to JA?

This storm is beginning to be quite the nuisance. one of these days I'll be able to get back in the air.

Here are some shots from KCRG today.

356917001_coj4d-M.jpg

356917060_jMzeQ-M.jpg

If you look closely you can see whats left of a hangar. As the hangar departed it left a nice Cherokee in place and didn't seem to damage it at all.

356917092_EbnJP-M.jpg

Back