Transfer Students

Stapp0770

Does anyone have any suggestions for living if coming in as a transfer? I am just thinking about MTSU but it says only 6% of students live on campus, which I would do in hopes of meeting some people. What about greek life? If I went it would be for the aviation program also. Anyways any thoughts?

Thomas Stapp

Greek, Clubs, Job, or any kind of organization. I also think living off campus helps, especially if you have social roommates. People on campus are freshmen/sophomores mostly still with their high school clicks, and upperclassmen who are not social enough to live off campus. However, I lived on campus all of my years and managed fairly well and loved the convenience. The key is to always to always stay actively involved.

Thanks guys for the info. I figured it would be harder to meet people my age on campus. I like the idea of a Greek house, especially if its more aviation related. Anyone have any recent experience at MTSU, how they liked the school overall, the atmosphere, and the aviation department. Thanks again

Tommy

Thanks guys for the info. I figured it would be harder to meet people my age on campus. I like the idea of a Greek house, especially if its more aviation related. Anyone have any recent experience at MTSU, how they liked the school overall, the atmosphere, and the aviation department. Thanks again

Tommy

How old are you? Dont worry about making friends if your older. At every college there are always a lot of people that are not the typical college age. I was 22 when I went back to school and will be 25 when I graduate. Here at ASU there are several people 30+ in the flight program.

RWH-I am only 20 years old. I just figured that most people would be moving off campus after there first couple years of college. I am thinking about going down there in a month or two to check out the school. Does anyone have any affiliation with any frats who attended MTSU. I was going to email a couple and tell them my situation, and hopefully get welcomed in and can avoid a hotel. I am pretty sure I would join a frat, but who knows. Thanks for all the help. Also, I would be coming in with a PPL, anyone have any experience coming in with one?Thanks

Tommy

I did my 4 years there. If you come in with your ppl already you are required to do three ratings to graduate the program. I came in with my ppl, but your instrument, commercial, and multi will take care of the three ratings required. Another note...they NEVER tell this to incoming students but in order to receive a flight lab for the fall of 09, you are required to submit a flight lab request form this semester for the fall. So if you are serious about MTSU you need to contact the flight department yesterday and get that form filed. MTSU is definately a suitcase college. The best parties are on thursday nights in my experience. There are a ton of places to live off campus. More expensive but good. Campus Crossing South and some others. Gold Valley road has a lot of houses that are rented to college students on a yearly basis. Just drive around and you can find a ton of options.

Thursday nights.. Ahhhhhh the good ol days...

Jims/bluesboro here we come! Then the occasional taco bell trip at 4 in the am.

No No...not Taco Bell...Krystal's is where its at! Oh and Bluesboro has 50 cent drafts on thursday and a cheaper cover with an ID on thursdays, a definate must.

Back