Training Update

davetheflyer

We took a systems test today and will complete groundschool tomorrow. The 100 question multiple choice systems test culminates two weeks of systems classes.

Also incorporated into the systems training were a couple of sessions in the Do 328 FTD (flight training device). This is a cockpit mockup with working switches and screens. It is useful because the Do has no steam gauges except for the standby instruments. All information is accessed through different screens on the multifunction display (MFD) or engine indication and crew alerting system (EICAS).

Tomorrow the groundschool portion of the training concludes with a review to prep us for the oral exam.

The next phase of training is to do three sessions in the Cockpit Procedures Trainer (CPT). The CPT is cardboard mockup of the control panels. In the CPT, we practice flows and learn switch locations, as well as talk through takeoff and landing profiles and learn the callouts that we'll be using. There is also some discussion of emergency procedures at this stage.

After CPTs, come the big, bad simulators. The oral exam is also scheduled after about three sim sessions.

Hey dave,
Did you get upgraded to Captain? I guess your swithing over to the delta side in the dojet? Is there a guy named andreas in your class? well good luck and keep us posted.

-brian

Is the "Do-jet" the same thing as the "Dork-jet"????
grin.gif
Fitting, Dave.

wink.gif

Kidding.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you get upgraded to Captain? I guess your swithing over to the delta side in the dojet? Is there a guy named andreas in your class?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish. No, I'm still an FO. No Andreas there.

[ QUOTE ]
Is the "Do-jet" the same thing as the "Dork-jet"???? Fitting, Dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only to those who don't them.
grin.gif

Or the Snow Jet, since we go up north a lot.

Back