Training Question at ExpressJet

I think they're talking about thier IAH training facility, although they use FlightSaftey's HOU sims as well. When I went through training I had to switch hotels because they had to move me closer to the Hobby sims. Apparently the IAH sims are better, but it was all the same to me.

There may be yet another sim location somewhere else, but I can't be sure.

I did all my sim training at Flight Safety HOU (hobby airport), not the main expressjet training center. It was about a 50/50 split in my class between doing the sims at IAH and HOU.

However, we still had Expressjet instructors, so I doubt there was much difference in the quality of training. In fact, I'd say the training at Flight Safety was a bit more laid back if anything, since there's a little distance between the instructors and the "mother ship".

I think FSI HOU has 4 ERJ sims right now, some of which are just a few months old. We used an almost brand-new sim the whole time, it was fine, although the level of terrain detail and motion is supposed to be a lot better at the Sims in the training center at IAH (not that it matters much since you're in IMC 90% of the time anyway).

The biggest downside I noticed is that the instructors aren't as a familiar with the software interface on the FSI HOU sims as they are with the IAH sims, so you have to give them a minute to figure out how to create the scenario they want every once in a while.

Hope this helps.

XJT is also using the ERJ sims at FSI ORL. Two guys from my class were sent there after FTDs.

My class has 50/50 between IAH and Hobby. They told us that there are ERJ's sims in MCO and STL....don't think any of us are going though.

Back