Tower tour maybe?

Stryker172

Do any of you guys work ORD? I wind up with two to three hour sits there pretty frequently and was wondering if its possible to see what goes on up there. I know how busy it gets, just hoping to find an interesting way of killing time and meeting the people on the other side of the radio.

Do any of you guys work ORD? I wind up with two to three hour sits there pretty frequently and was wondering if its possible to see what goes on up there. I know how busy it gets, just hoping to find an interesting way of killing time and meeting the people on the other side of the radio.

Don't know how accurate the phone number is but you should in theory just be able to call (preferably at least a day out) and ask to set up a tour.

IMG_3415.PNG

While I've never done it, a controller riding the blue line told me to call up metering/clearance if they're not busy in order to ask, fwiw.

Haven't done it yet, but supposedly a tour is easy to get here. We could team up and do it one of these days, I'll get more intel on the procedure

I have gone up there before and it is well worth the trip. Just give them a call and they will let you know whether they are able to receive you. They would meet you at the base of the tower in terminal 2 after you clear security. Great group of professionals and they seem to enjoy sharing their experiences with other aviation professionals.

Back