Touch of Anxiety

Hckey2477

I am currently in cfi training and have been under quite a bit of stress lately. I have never dealt with anxiety before, and I recently had an anxiety attack during a stage check. My face felt hot, got red, I had a very hard time spitting out words and concentrating, and I at its peak I felt almost out of body. Once I finished the oral exam I felt immediate relief. this hasn't happend again, but i fear that it could happen again under the same circumstances. I am affraid to see a doctor about it, because I think it was stress related and I have been working very hard on the rating. I don't want to get diagnosed with something that is short lived. Would you recommend waiting it out to see if this persists? I don't want to lose a medical do to anxiety.

I will. I am nervous about this happening again on my checkride. are there any natural stress relievers that you would recommend. Like a passion fruit or a st. johns wort?

I had a panic attack last month when I was sleeping. I was studying for my CFII along with my school work and looking around for another job. I woke up in the middle of the night with cold sweats, heart racing, and loss of hearing for a couple of seconds. A month goes by and I have cut back on my studying and got a journal, written in everyday to relieve my stress and started exercising again. I saw this video on youtube and the lady says a good way to relieve yourself is to lay down for twenty minutes and block out every thought you have. It helps me, but I do worry sometimes when I go out if I will have another anxiety attack, but so far I being doing okay.

Thanks for the advice. You think he would look at me weird if I took my checkride laying on my back :D

This exact same thing happened to me on my first CFI interview. I traveled from detroit to New Jersey to interview at this flight school and the owner started asking me very easy aviation questions. He coulda asked me what an airplane even was and I wouldnt have been able to tell him. Just relax and with after a few go's at it youll be fine.

Back