Totals for the year, 2020 edition!

ChasenSFO

hen teaser
Goose egg here. Let my currency lapse in early 2020, with my last flight in late 2019, as I got hired with a flightschool that was going to give me a steeply discounted check out way closer to home(my poor ass was driving 45+ mins to LVK for the cheap rates LOL)...but then COVID and I got laid off...and still am laid off. School opened again with a skeleton crew in July, but then wild fires made it IFR most of the time for months and then after just a few months of normalcy, my county went into the "purple tier" again and the school closed. I considered getting current again in LVK but did the math with how much I'm dipping into savings on furlough and it wasn't practical to add club dues to my bills even if I pro-rate most rental flights with friends. Oh well.

Good news is I have a $10k loan lined up to finish my ratings(except multi) and the Shepard Air courses for CFI\CFII are in progress now so hopefully next year will be better. If I get my CFI, the school will bring me back as a CFI, huge backlog with students who were sent back to Taiwan due to COVID concerns(as in their country felt America was too dangerous to live in LOL...ugh).

Very quiet year travel wise too, obviously. But thanks to @Rocketman99 and other generous JC friends, I managed a few quick photography trips to document these crazy times to look back on and quick visits with @JordanD and @JustinS .

Last edited:

trafficinsight

Had a little end of the year rally and ended up with 319 for the year, the least amount of flying I've done in probably the last ten years.

Autothrust Blue

Commander Air Group, BSG-75
View attachment 57081
711.6 hours and about 1700 credit.
By far the most flying I've done since about 07-08.
Thankful for the work but tired.

View attachment 57080
And the fun part, 244 hours underway out on Puget Sound "social distancing".
Complete neophyte; other than the obvious thing that we Yanks ALL need to do so you can take the boat to Canada, what would be required to take that vessel up that way?

mikecweb

Complete neophyte; other than the obvious thing that we Yanks ALL need to do so you can take the boat to Canada, what would be required to take that vessel up that way?
Rum?

Just a customs sticker. I'd have to glance at the requirements again to make sure we have everything for Canukistan but it's a documented vessel (but not named Boaty McBoatface) which helps.