Totals for the year, 2020 edition!

arkflyr

384 hours in 2020, haven’t flown an airliner since September 2nd and I’m out of landing currency for the first time in 21 years. Went and scared the bejesus out of myself in my father-in-law’s Cessna 170 back in November. Everything is fine until I get within 10 feet of a runway, I need to find an instructor and explain how I’m hazardous to myself and those around me.

Keeping busy though, I went and joined the volunteer ski patrol in Red Lodge and try to get up at least a two days a week.

Boots2Wings

Myflightbook.com doesnt jive well with those fun maps :/.

Block: 403.1

70/30 split 1900/99 (with a few GA things thrown in)

392 Legs

bike21

9-5 Ruins Lives
Just under 200 block hours in 2020, first time logging so little since learning to fly over two decades ago. I'll take it.

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.14.49 AM.png

MikeFavinger

Hubschrauber Flieger
Very weird year. Closed out my regional with 10 hours/ one 3-day trip at the beginning of the year.

Regionals 2020.gif

And had one partial OE trip at the next airline for 13 hours before the music stopped.

Legacy 2020.gif

And spent the remainder of the year flying 116 hours in helicopters for just over 139 hours for the entire year. Lowest it's been in a long time!

arkflyr

Tough year. I was on medical leave from February through May, then took a leave of absence in October to help the cause. Grand total of 361 hours.
So do you think you will take an ExTO if they offer another round? I must admit that I was pretty nervous at first but now I’m loving it! Kinda wish I would have taken longer and if an extension is offered I will seriously consider it. Having nothing to worry about but what I want to do is so relaxing. And I’ve managed to keep busy by volunteering so I don’t turn to mush.

ZapBrannigan

Old School
So do you think you will take an ExTO if they offer another round? I must admit that I was pretty nervous at first but now I’m loving it! Kinda wish I would have taken longer and if an extension is offered I will seriously consider it. Having nothing to worry about but what I want to do is so relaxing. And I’ve managed to keep busy by volunteering so I don’t turn to mush.
No, I don't see myself taking an EXTO unless they offer another 3 month option like they did last May. I took ETO in October and another one in February and that's working out. I'm happy to a take a month of ETO about every quarter or so to help the cause.

The good thing about being scared of a furlough since last March was that we had reduced our spending down to virtually nothing and paid down all of our debt except for the mortgage. So now a month of ETO here or there doesn't impact the family budget all that much. But I need to keep squirreling away for retirement - a task made more difficult with the lengthy upgrade time here coupled with my arrival at the airline so late in life.

Glad you are enjoying the time off! Appreciate you taking one for the team.