Too many applications?

pilotmike327

So I just graduated from the Air Traffic program and seeing as it's taking an average of about 2 years before I go to Oklahoma for training, I'd love to get a part-time/full-time job in the aviation industry. I went ahead and looked at both Asig and Signature (from what it looks like, they're under the same company BBA Aviation). I'm currently living in Tampa but I have family in Vegas and would love to move there. I'm visiting this weekend just to make sure I really like the city.

So between those 2 company's and those 2 cities, I have 8 applications on file. Do you think HR will look at that and think negative about it? It looks like I went on an application spree. My biggest setback is my lack of experience but if given the interview, I KNOW I can sell myself. So do you guys think I have a shot? More importantly, if not, what alternatives do I have.

A thousand thanks in advance!

How do you expect to move to vegas on signature wages? I work for BBA, they start line services tech with no experience usually around 10 an hour. Pretty bad...

Congrats, you have two years to do amazing non-career jobs, like White-Water-Rafting-Guide...not line service. JMHO

Well rent w/ utilities is $300, no car payments, family plan for the phone....my COL is pretty minimal. Also, I don't know what else to look into when it comes to employment. Aviation is something I enjoy so I figured this would be the ideal job for me. I just can't picture myself as a raft guide :p

Well rent w/ utilities is $300, no car payments, family plan for the phone....my COL is pretty minimal. Also, I don't know what else to look into when it comes to employment. Aviation is something I enjoy so I figured this would be the ideal job for me. I just can't picture myself as a raft guide :p
No no, tough times. You're applying for the position of the raft.

Well I applied for 2 more positions that opened up and shot an email to the General Manager but no response. Anyone here happen to have HR's email/phone number? Again this is for Vegas ASig.

Gracias!

At least I am not the only Floridian that wants to move to Vegas :) I plan on transfering to Signature at the end of the year, till after I save my cash up a bit.

I'd work at Signature if I can, they pay more than ASIG. You can also look at Swissport, I think they are out there.

Well just a quick update: I did get the job at Signature, full-time fueler. Already did the drug test and filled out the paperwork they sent me via email. Las Vegas stereotype aside, it's a really beautiful city if you live outside the strip area (specifically Summerlin towards the west). I start orientation on Wednesday (at least that's what HR told me, I need to verify tomorrow).

Anyone know what I should expect to do/learn the first few days?

Special "shout-out thank-you" to T/O!! This JC community is the best :)

Ah, your the reason the posting is gone... Good luck and you will do good with the tips out there. Be prepared for alot of computer based training, there is a ton of it. I plan on putting in for Vegas at the end of the year when I get enough money saved up. I think you will like the GM there, at least she is on her game :)

Excellent. Let me know at the end of the year when you plan on heading over. Hopefully by that time everything is going good and I can start recommending people.

Schweet! I will be there in July, I might stop by and say hi to the gang and talk with Rita if I have time. Luckly I have already found an apartment and all the other things I need over there. All I need to do now is enroll in CSN and save enough money for the move over there, and hopefully I will have my Dispatchers Lisence by then too.

Back