Tomorrow should be an interesting day...

Qgar

Well, with the snow storm predicted for the North East, I'm sure many of us will have some great stories of flights cancelled, delayed, pissed-off pax, etc.
I just checked CrewTrac and found out that my first turn to BUF has already been cancelled. Still have a 0525 show at EWR though. :banghead: I predict the crew room will be overflowing with very happy campers all day tomorrow.

Oh, my "interesting day" for tomorrow started at about 3:30 this afternoon. Supposed to catch the hotel shuttle to the airport at 4:15.....but our flight was canceled. So, I caught the rest of the crew in the lobby and said "No one turn in your room keys. We're not going anywhere yet." Phone call to scheduling with the expected "Uh.....hang on. <hold music> Stay at the hotel until we call you back."

30 minutes later, we're staying in OMA now. Here's what my schedule for today looked like before:

OMA-DTW
DTW-GSO, overnight in GSO for 12 hours and change

Here's what it looked like after:

CX
CX

So, here's what TOMORROW looked like:

GSO-DTW
DTW-OMA
OMA-DTW
DTW-GSP, overnight for another 12 hours and change.

Here's what it is NOW:

OMA-DTW (at 5:30 am)
released to rest for 11:34
DTW-GSP

At least I'll be sitting at a hotel while the madness ensues. I'm sure I'll have enough madness on those two legs to compensate, though. :)

Well, with the snow storm predicted for the North East, I'm sure many of us will have some great stories of flights cancelled, delayed, pissed-off pax, etc.
I just checked CrewTrac and found out that my first turn to BUF has already been cancelled. Still have a 0525 show at EWR though. :banghead: I predict the crew room will be overflowing with very happy campers all day tomorrow.
Are you on reserve? How can you still have the same show? CrewTrac doesn't update the report times when a flight is cancelled, unless you are now on hot reserve for the time you were flying you shouldn't have to be at the airport earlier than the show time specified in your contract (I'm not sure what it is for Colgan FAs but for me is 45min prior.)

Oh, my "interesting day" for tomorrow started at about 3:30 this afternoon. Supposed to catch the hotel shuttle to the airport at 4:15.....but our flight was canceled. So, I caught the rest of the crew in the lobby and said "No one turn in your room keys. We're not going anywhere yet." Phone call to scheduling with the expected "Uh.....hang on. <HOLD music>Stay at the hotel until we call you back."

30 minutes later, we're staying in OMA now. Here's what my schedule for today looked like before:

OMA-DTW
DTW-GSO, overnight in GSO for 12 hours and change

Here's what it looked like after:

CX
CX

So, here's what TOMORROW looked like:

GSO-DTW
DTW-OMA
OMA-DTW
DTW-GSP, overnight for another 12 hours and change.

Here's what it is NOW:

OMA-DTW (at 5:30 am)
released to rest for 11:34
DTW-GSP

At least I'll be sitting at a hotel while the madness ensues. I'm sure I'll have enough madness on those two legs to compensate, though. :)

FUN times! Let the insanity begin.....;)

My whole first day just cancelled for Friday:

2260 EWR-CLT
2741 CLT-EWR
2067 EWR-CMH

Most likely it will be a DHD to CMH on Saturday to complete the trip. We'll see...

Bob

Wouldn't surprise me to wake up in the morning to find my OMA-DTW has canceled, too. It's already started raining/snowing/icing here in OMA.....

My five trip just turned into a three day. The pax decided he didn't want to deal with the weather over the next couple of days, so we brought him home today instead.

Oh yeah, I got a couple rounds of golf in while in Florida. And it all pays the same.

:p

My five trip just turned into a three day. The pax decided he didn't want to deal with the weather over the next couple of days, so we brought him home today instead.

Oh yeah, I got a couple rounds of golf in while in Florida. And it all pays the same.

:p

Now see that was the arguement Triple7 was making in the airline pilots forum where he got lampooned. Sure you were away from home, but you were getting paid to play golf. I think we can all agree thats not hard work.:D

Well I'm going flying tonight. I'll just have to deal with the weather.:)

Now see that was the arguement Triple7 was making in the airline pilots forum where he got lampooned. Sure you were away from home, but you were getting paid to play golf. I think we can all agree thats not hard work.:D

Well I'm going flying tonight. I'll just have to deal with the weather.:)

Yes, I'm SOOOO happy to have my 31 hours of "off time" here in OMA......

Do I even need the sarcasm tag? :)

I'm starting a 2 day tomorrow...or was starting it ;-)

First two turns got canceled leaving just one turn on Saturday. :) I'm happy.

The summer months are good when you're EWR based, tons of cancellations. Winter started slow but now we're picking up again!! Cancellation pay. LOVE IT.

Thanks for the reminder Q, I just checked my schedule and my round trip has been canceled for tomorrow. Looks like it's gonna be a big crew room party tomorrow.

Thanks for the reminder Q, I just checked my schedule and my round trip has been canceled for tomorrow.

You're welcome!

I just checked CrewTrac one last time before going to bed for a 0245 wakeup :( and GUESS WHAT? They've modified my pairing and dropped the 0525 show and now I only have to do a flight to PIT at 1030 with a 0930 show....YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :) :rawk: :bandit: :nana2:

The old man just booked a rental car to go to EWR tomorrow for his show on the 20th.

All the BGR and PWM flights to NYC have been cancelled for tomorrow.

Yes, I'm SOOOO happy to have my 31 hours of "off time" here in OMA......

Do I even need the sarcasm tag? :)

Hey I don't want to hear your sarcasm. I'll most likely be sitting in Wilmington Ohio for Christmas and New Years. There is nothing up there and all of the restuarants are closed. That means I'll have to bring food with me. Be happy it's OMA and not Pampa Texas you cry baby.:sarcasm::)

Back