Tomorrow should be an interesting day...

We had one scheduled flight today: STL - EWR. We made it, but now it looks like we're here until Sunday because they cancelled our flights tomorrow.

Thank God for the bar!!!!! :nana2: If anyone else is staying at the Wyndam, say hi. I'll be the short, drunk girl dancing on the bar.

Well... made it to ewr this morning only to have my CMH flight cancelled again. So... I'm stuck in the ewr hotel until tomorrow. Weeeee....

If anyone else is in the same situation... let me know.

Bob

Jumpseated in on FDX and landed at 0400 this morning. They had cancelled everything for today and given me

EWR-RIC
RIC-CLE
Overnight
DH CLE-EWR
and resume the rest of my pairing.

They ended up canceling my EWR-RIC and now I find myself at the Crowne Plaza. I should be on my way downstairs shortly.

Well... made it to ewr this morning only to have my CMH flight cancelled again. So... I'm stuck in the ewr hotel until tomorrow. Weeeee....

Bob

We had one scheduled flight today: STL - EWR. We made it, but now it looks like we're here until Sunday because they cancelled our flights tomorrow.

Thank God for the bar!!!!! :nana2: If anyone else is staying at the Wyndam, say hi. I'll be the short, drunk girl dancing on the bar.

Dang....sorry I missed you two. Another time, perhpas. Unfortunately, I'm having a blast up in BTV. We actually went to the airport today, to create the illusion that we'd be going somewhere, at some point in time. To further this illusion, we actually boarded our plane and prepared to close the MCD (4 hours delayed at this point).....only to have dispatch contact us and state that all remaining flights into EWR were cancelled. Grrrrrr! Tell me again why I just finished boarding the plane, after I questioned you a mere 30 minutes prior?????

Then, just a short two hours later, the hotel van finally made it to the airport (mind you, it's only a 10-15 minute drive during normal ops) to cart us back to the hotel. Yay...now to head to grab a bite to eat.....hit the rack...and get to do the 0530 show in the AM.

You guy's dont reeeeally fly in this stuff do you?:D

I don't know about the airline pilots, but the freight pilots do.:)

Well last night was a bit rough with one missed approached into ILN (got in on the second try) and an extremely bumpy ride into MEM. I was plus or minus 20kts all the way down final with all sorts of pitch, bank, and yawing motions. I guess I'll see what tonight has in store.:)

If you can't find her, just perk your ears up and listen for the 'squeaks'..... :D

Now see that was the arguement Triple7 was making in the airline pilots forum where he got lampooned. Sure you were away from home, but you were getting paid to play golf. I think we can all agree thats not hard work.:D

Well I'm going flying tonight. I'll just have to deal with the weather.:)

You know what, the other night I'm hangin with the crew having a GRAND ole time in Montreal when the FA says "isn't it awesome we're getting paid for this?" That thread came to my mind almost immediately:D

Bob

Bob...if you end up in CMH tomorrow, let me know, I get in around 7 for the night and go home on Sunday AM!!

You're in EWR? GREAT---I'm in PIT. Just worked the one flight today (early a.m.EWR-BUF turn was cancelled last night. Well, today didn't disappoint....We boarded pretty much on time, but it had just started snowing heavily and we never left the gate. We deplaned after about an hour, and then re-boarded, taxiied, de-iced and finally took off about 1500 (originally scheduled for 1058).
Majority of pax were great and had a sense of humor and a lot of patience. Of course, 2 Elite Members had to screw it up. They bitched and moaned and moaned and bitched the whole time (before the deplaning.) Guaranteed they're complaining to CO about it. The good news is they NEVER re-boarded and probably decided to drive. The pax around them were happy they didn't finish the trip with us. They thought they were a-holes as well!

You're in EWR? GREAT---I'm in PIT. Just worked the one flight today (early a.m.EWR-BUF turn was cancelled last night. Well, today didn't disappoint....We boarded pretty much on time, but it had just started snowing heavily and we never left the gate. We deplaned after about an hour, and then re-boarded, taxiied, de-iced and finally took off about 1500 (originally scheduled for 1058).
Majority of pax were great and had a sense of humor and a lot of patience. Of course, 2 Elite Members had to screw it up. They bitched and moaned and moaned and bitched the whole time (before the deplaning.) Guaranteed they're complaining to CO about it. The good news is they NEVER re-boarded and probably decided to drive. The pax around them were happy they didn't finish the trip with us. They thought they were a-holes as well!

I hate it when people act this way. They probably paid for it by fighting the treacherous roads, getting stuck in traffic, and missing their important function anyway.

Just my luck you're in PIT. I could use a fellow paisan to help entertain the bar!

You know what, the other night I'm hangin with the crew having a GRAND ole time in Montreal when the FA says "isn't it awesome we're getting paid for this?" That thread came to my mind almost immediately:D

Yeah, like I said. Try sitting in Omaha for two days on reserve. If you're not breaking guarantee, then it really doesn't matter if it's "cool you're getting paid for this." The whole time I was in Omaha, I really would have preferred to be home. Now that I'm home, curiously, I'm NOT wishing I was in Omaha. Still nothing like being at home.

I've never picked a better 4 days to be off in my career...Friday-Monday!

Hey, you could be in SEA. Snow causing 2 hour delays inbound and outbound. All flights to GEG cancelled today. Looks like I get to drive to SEA and back to get my kid for Xmas vacation.

Can't wait.

How's I-90 through Snoqualmie?

OK, boys and girls. I finally made it home from my 4 day trip from H-E-L-L. :banghead:

Ended up having to jumpseat today on JetBlue from ROC to JFK then get a shuttle bus to EWR. CS dropped the ball BIG TIME on me. (We arrived in ROC Saturday night and were supposed to finish our trip late this morning, but all I did was rot up in ROC (including a 5 hour stint at the airport yesterday just for ####s and giggles.) :panic:
Don't want to go into details but management knows about what happened and know how pissed off I am. :mad:

The only good thing is I'm off now until at least January 1st/2nd--when I have home reserve--which I'm trying to get rid of.

Re: Well this sucks..

DL canceled their flights into Portland, so... It looks like my mom's gonna be stuck in Montana for Christmas. No special Christmas dinner for juxtapilot this year I guess. :( (My dad and I aren't really the cooking type...)

Re: Well this sucks..

My schedule got all jacked up. Was supposed to be done Sat night with a DH from DTW-MEM. Well, since I had enough cancelations last week to squeeze in some more block hours, they decided to use me for all 5 of my reserve days. So, I wound up overnighting in DTW. Flight from SGF got in an hour late, leaving me with 8:23 minutes of rest. When I got to the hotel....CS FORGOT to get me a room. So, add another 15 minutes on hold/talking to CS/waiting for a fax to come through. DH to MEM at 6:00 am, then do a MEM-RSW turn. FINALLY done.

Today, they called to junior man me. Probably call me tomorrow to try it since they've got so much in open time right now they're offering 150% for people to pick it up. They've only done that when they were desperately short. But, ya know, we're overstaffed and need to downgrade CAs.....

Back