To all you people waiting to hear from HR: Read this

lilhunt25

I got this email from HR concerning the application process and waiting Period. It might be BS but i see alot of post on here where everyone wants to know how long it will be before you actually are invited to PEPC.. hope this helps!!!!!!!!!

I apologize for not answering your e-mail earlier; we are currently experiencing an overwhelming number of e-mails and phone calls.

We must evaluate all applications to determine if work experience/college meets the minimum qualification. If you met the qualifications, you will receive an e-mail from RVA setting a date/time/location to take the ATSAT test. After the ATSAT test, if you pass with a 70% or higher, you will then be given a chance to select 2 states as your geographical preference and whether you want En Route or Terminal or whichever comes available first. We then create referral lists for a selection panel that will make tentative selections for that announcement. Once that has been completed, if you were selected, you will be contacted with a tentative offer letter that will give you the location that you have been selected for and it will give you information on the paperwork that needs to be completed. Our contractor’s will then scheduled you for an interview and to attend a Pre-Employment Processing Center (PEPC) for your medical and security. The first part dealing with the evaluating and getting scheduled for the ATSAT test, could take up to 6 to 8 weeks after the close of the application that you applied for. The second part dealing with the selection panel, if you are selected you should be contacted within 6 weeks after the panel completes their selections to get you set up with a date/time/location for the PEPC. Then the last part, after passing all the required examines, it could take up to several months before we could get you scheduled into an academy class, or it could be within a couple of weeks. This depends upon the number of classes that we have scheduled and whether or not they have been filled.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,

Wow, they gave you pseudo time frames and everything. I'd still call BS until I see it myself, but A for effort to whoever sent you that email.

Wow, they gave you pseudo time frames and everything. I'd still call BS until I see it myself, but A for effort to whoever sent you that email.

yes that email covered alot of details, as of now i will stick to those timeframes and see what happens. I applied for the june30,2008 postion so i should be scheduled for the ATSAT in 6-8wks which puts me in the FALL testing phase. We will see what happens. :rawk:

Actually, those time frames are somewhat close to what I experienced. I think the time for me to take my ATSAT after the application closed was a bit longer. Other than that all the rest seem to coincide. I ended up on the months after pepc to get a class date.

Yup. It got pretty much the same thing back before I got notified to take the test.
Question- How and when did the Febots find out when their Selection Panel would be meeting?
I remember a post on here where someone heard from OKC that ours (5/2) would be meeting in August, but I cant recall where I saw it.

I received an e-mail that the central region would be meeting in "Oct-Sep," I believe... lemme see if I can find that e-mail...

Here it is.. I've posted this before..

I apologize for not answering your e-mail earlier; we are currently experiencing an overwhelming number of e-mails and phone calls.

Now that the announcement has closed, we will be evaluating your work experience/college to determine if you have the minimum requirements. If you do, you will get an e-mail setting a date/time/location to take the ATSAT test. After the ATSAT test, we will have a selection panel here starting sometime in Sep/Oct that will be making tentative selections for this announcement. Once that has been completed, if you were selected, you will be contacted with a tentative offer letter that will give you information on the paperwork that needs to be completed. You will be contacted by our contractors to get you set up for an interview and to attend a Personnel Employment Processing Center (PEPC) for your physical, drug test, back ground, etc.

We also have a new public announcement out, to continue to be considered in the future, you will need to apply to this announcement and all subsequent public announcements.

Thank you,

Did you think that HR is going to personalize an email for each specific person when they get asked the same question many times?

No, I do not, but I expected, wrongfully, that they'd answer my questions at all. Their response had absolutely nothing to do with what I had asked; it was like they didn't even read it. Why would I ask for a timeline, when I could come on here for that information? That's plain insipid.

Also, I find it interesting how this person's e-mail contained the line, "
the first part dealing with the evaluating and getting scheduled for the ATSAT test, could take up to 6 to 8 weeks after the close of the application...", as my message stated 2-4 weeks, and so said every HR secretary I've spoken to, even foolishly after that time period was well and over. The only person who insinuated that it would be longer was a very rude man in-charge of application reviews, and I wasn't going to prod him for details.

Back