Time Building idea?

Time building

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aviatormar2

Hi everyone,
I was looking over my old log books this weekend and realized how much time and money I really spent building time many years ago and think there's got to be a better way. Since it's been a while for me, I'd like some input from all of you: is there a need to build time faster and cheaper? I'm considering buying a few airplanes and leasing them out in 10-50 hour blocks over a week or two. I'll pair you up with someone else who also needs the hours (I assume you can still log "safety pilot time". Again this is just an idea I'm tossing around; if someone can advise me if this is still legal, that would be awesome!), provide a few route options, and offer discounts at hotels along the way. I'm figuring it would be a basic older model 172 or PA-28 costing you between $65-85/hour dry total, which you'd be able to split with your partner. Is this of interest to anyone?

PM for details or please fire away with questions! Thanks, everyone!

What you're doing is separating out and hanging your hat on just one of the multiple revenue streams that FBOs use. I'm all for picking one thing and doing it REALLY WELL, but if you can't differentiate yourself as much better than everybody else in some way, you may only snag the few locals that you are convenient for. That differentiation usually costs time and money. It'll be easier if you're in a giant metro and can still rent at a low rate.

Where I'm at it's about $135 wet for 172/IFR cert. If you were in the Denver area I would totally be interested.

Hi everyone,
I was looking over my old log books this weekend and realized how much time and money I really spent building time many years ago and think there's got to be a better way. Since it's been a while for me, I'd like some input from all of you: is there a need to build time faster and cheaper? I'm considering buying a few airplanes and leasing them out in 10-50 hour blocks over a week or two. I'll pair you up with someone else who also needs the hours (I assume you can still log "safety pilot time". Again this is just an idea I'm tossing around; if someone can advise me if this is still legal, that would be awesome!), provide a few route options, and offer discounts at hotels along the way. I'm figuring it would be a basic older model 172 or PA-28 costing you between $65-85/hour dry total, which you'd be able to split with your partner. Is this of interest to anyone?

PM for details or please fire away with questions! Thanks, everyone!
I just signed up and posted my Cessna 310 for sale or possible lease. I'm a 28 year veteran with United Airlines and willing to help others get into the industry. I am also an aircraft appraiser, and know of a few airplanes for sale. Let me know if I can help. Scott

Back