This forum is dead!

Ahhhhh... I feel better after commiserating through all the posts here about how the general public views non-airline aviation jobs.

I'm down to about 30 hours a month right now - not good because I am a CFI and need $$ to pay off all my loans. Why is an instructor posting here? In the AirNet hiring pool, wouldn't touch the regionals with a 10-foot pole.

But then again, these days, no one seems to be touching me with a 20-foot pole.

Oh, and I'm no longer a Newbie! Yay Junior Member!!!!

Think its dead cause cargos dead right now. Any other on-demands just sitting around doing nothing?
=J-

LOGS: I double as an on-demand guy on the weekends (when I want to). It's deader than a doornail out there. I hope we see some action soon because I'm afraid there's going to be some serious bloodletting if we don't.

Think its dead cause cargos dead right now. Any other on-demands just sitting around doing nothing?
=J-

LOGS: I double as an on-demand guy on the weekends (when I want to). It's deader than a doornail out there. I hope we see some action soon because I'm afraid there's going to be some serious bloodletting if we don't.

I'm getting a little bit of flying from it. I get all of flight time from repositioning and having the do the scheduled stuff that we fly on the weekends. I get paid either way. I'm starting to like getting paid for just sitting. :)

scooter2525 said:
hows the work look on your "day" job?

Weirdly the checks are up. My run was down to something like 70lbs each way for a month or two, and then Airnet decided to fly their 25lbs on a dedicated Baron instead of putting on my plane (seriously. They have a Baron that leaves about 25 minutes before I do, from the same airport, which gives me just enough time to catch him, and he leaves right after I do going exactly the same place. Maybe they have some non-fed work on board?)

It looks like the fed put back the "first of the month" stuff though, since I had 1800lbs August 4th. I've heard from a totally random and unvetted source that the Fed may be reconsidering the accelerated 2009 closing time, at least for some of the check relays. That rumor is no doubt worth exactly what you paid for it, but then again, the Fed isn't exactly famous for doing things with massive efficiency.

Hmm...business for on-demand is low - maybe some consolidation in the future.

Weirdly the checks are up. My run was down to something like 70lbs each way for a month or two, and then Airnet decided to fly their 25lbs on a dedicated Baron instead of putting on my plane (seriously. They have a Baron that leaves about 25 minutes before I do, from the same airport, which gives me just enough time to catch him, and he leaves right after I do going exactly the same place. Maybe they have some non-fed work on board?)

It looks like the fed put back the "first of the month" stuff though, since I had 1800lbs August 4th. I've heard from a totally random and unvetted source that the Fed may be reconsidering the accelerated 2009 closing time, at least for some of the check relays. That rumor is no doubt worth exactly what you paid for it, but then again, the Fed isn't exactly famous for doing things with massive efficiency.

cross our ###gers something will be going a weee bit longer. I don't like runs getting cut/slowing down, and as much fun as watching the olympics is... I need to fly. :)

Forum would way better if anyone here flew airplanes that weigh more than 16,500 lbs. No issues of real substance at these small 135ers.

Forum would way better if anyone here flew airplanes that weigh more than 16,500 lbs. No issues of real substance at these small 135ers.
I was flying an airplane that weighed 120G, and Polar can beat that by a long shot, and I can tell you this. Flying a 9 is a hell of a lot easier than flying a baron is.

Since you know everyone here and their take-off weights please share what your experience is with this industry?

Back