Thinking About Going Back To Freight

wantfrieswiththat

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your time and advice. Let me give you a little background on what's going on.

I currently work for a regional (Colgan) out of Newark and instruct at CAE Simuflite on the side. The pay is not so good and I'm just about scraping by every month, you know how it goes.

I love what I do, but is there any chance that you guys know of where I would be able to fly a Caravan or ATR out of Newark for better money? I have about 1500 Caravan hours and about 500 as Dash trash, been there done that. My other option is going back to the corporate world but commutting to Asia in the G550, which I really don't want to do.

Thanks for your input.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your time and advice. Let me give you a little background on what's going on.

I currently work for a regional (Colgan) out of Newark and instruct at CAE Simuflite on the side. The pay is not so good and I'm just about scraping by every month, you know how it goes.

I love what I do, but is there any chance that you guys know of where I would be able to fly a Caravan or ATR out of Newark for better money? I have about 1500 Caravan hours and about 500 as Dash trash, been there done that. My other option is going back to the corporate world but commutting to Asia in the G550, which I really don't want to do.

Thanks for your input.

Come up here and fly navajos for Frontier or Warbelowes (I think warbelowes is hiring, there's someone on the forum who works for them). They pay really well, and the flying is cool. If you go to work for Hageland, you can have CASS too. All the airline benes, with none of the BS. I dunno, beats riding around changing the gear handle.

PM me, and I'll try to hook you up with as much info as I can.

Completely understand where you are coming from. I was a First Officer here for a while and understand the financial strains put on us especially while living in one of the most expensive areas in the nation.

Best thing I can say is things WILL get better. Who knows when, but the tide is turning.

wantfrieswiththat,
Pardon my ignorance, but what is wrong with flying the G550 to Asia? That sounds like a pretty sweet job to me. But then again, I don't know what I don't know.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your input.

OH NO! I'd miss you......:)

Update, I was a bit emotional when I posted. :)

I ended up selling my beloved grand piano for 2000 dollars, so I'll be able to pay the rent a couple more months and keep on lovin' what I'm doing.

Hee hee, I would miss you too, Qgar! I think time and time again how much fun I have at Colgan, and I would not trade it for the world.

Update, I was a bit emotional when I posted. :)

I ended up selling my beloved grand piano for 2000 dollars, so I'll be able to pay the rent a couple more months and keep on lovin' what I'm doing.

Hee hee, I would miss you too, Qgar! I think time and time again how much fun I have at Colgan, and I would not trade it for the world.

Awwww, Fries, that's sweet. (Not the selling your grand piano part, mind you.:()

I wish everyone could see and experience how much fun we Colganites have. :nana2:

Back