"The Things He Carried" Interesting TSA loopholes

scooter2525

Very well Member
http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200811/airport-security

Schnei#er and I walked to the security checkpoint. “Counter#terrorism in the airport is a show designed to make people feel better,” he said. “Only two things have made flying safer: the reinforcement of cockpit doors, and the fact that passengers know now to resist hijackers.” This assumes, of course, that al-Qaeda will target airplanes for hijacking, or target aviation at all. “We defend against what the terrorists did last week,” Schnei#er said. He believes that the country would be just as safe as it is today if airport security were rolled back to pre-9/11 levels. “Spend the rest of your money on intelligence, investigations, and emergency response.”

That was quite an interesting read. This echos what many on here have been saying over the years.

You are now on the no-fly list for sharing readily available information.

But you know how to get around it, so it's no big deal.

Surprise the government doesn't know how to do something right. Who would have thought that?

And after all that, flight crew still has to take their shoes off to get to their airplane.

And after all that, flight crew still has to take their shoes off to get to their airplane.

Not unless your shoes dont beep. Mine done, and I never take my shoes off.

On a side note I was going through the employee security yesterday and as I was putting my belt back on I noticed a guy surrounded by real police and TSA. I poked my head around and some rampy was trying to bring in 2 knives, both looked about 5 inches and the real police guy was obviously ex-military and was questioning him on where he had bought the "army" knife.

Yeh, after reading that, everything starts to really make sense. You would hope that the general public would get the picture and call B.S. AND an improvement in security will be made.

Holy crap they found yet another use for J-B Weld!!! A knife! I'm gonna have to buy up a crapload of it before the TSA bans it from stores. That stuff fixes pretty much anything mechanical.

Also someone correct me but I believe there even used to be a web site that created a NWA boarding pass for you so you could go to the gates in MSP. You just typed in your name or something and it created it for you automatically, you just printed it out.

Somewhere deep in my heart I'd like to think the TSA upper management knows what really is going on. I just honestly don't think they know how to fix the problem. In reality we can't, we can either choose to live freely and accept the consequences or live in a constant state of fear and government policing and having "big brother" watch our every move.

Back