The Return of Pat Murphy!

FatBastard

In case you guys/gals have missed it, PAT MURPHY EX - DCA DIRECTOR OF TRAINING - is looking for a few good flight instructors to work at PAN AM BEJING. I know from personal experience that Pat is a fair guy, and I wish him as well as all who decides to jump ship- success!! Look! he left DCA and is doing great! Even got a better gig, like the bastard!

Go to the Jobs available section to check it out.

Cool man, real cool.
rawk.gif

ole p Dubbs deseverves nothing but good things. He is a great guy to work for. Not a bad word from me about him. All the best of luck to him.

[ QUOTE ]
ole p Dubbs deseverves nothing but good things. He is a great guy to work for. Not a bad word from me about him. All the best of luck to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even thru with of this DCA forum hubris, Pat is certainly a class act and an all-around great guy.

Thanks for those kind words, everyone. Though I do wish you would leave me out of the current DCA threads.

I have survived my first month in China and I already have a million stories to tell. There are many challenges here but it is an adventure and some of it is fun!

Doug: Maybe you should start an Asian forum!

Pat

[ QUOTE ]

Doug: Maybe you should start an Asian forum!

Pat

[/ QUOTE ]

Nee z'how! (I don't know how to spell 'good evening' in Chinese)

Are you thinking in terms of expat pilots such as yourself, or a forum for asian aviation/aviators?

Ni Hao, Doug!

I was thinking more in general terms not just expats in Asia, but there may be enough of us in various locations around the world not just in Asia (the Middle East for instance) that having a forum for expats might be interesting on its own. And those not overseas may find some of the challenges and stories interesting or even funny at times.

Anyway, thanks for considering it.

Pat Murphy

Well, and considering some of the recent questions that have come up about Silkair and such, maybe an Asian forum might make sense. Good idea!

True. And I think it's a good idea.

But there's a catch!

I'd like a "Perspectives" article out of you about making the jump from domestic aviation to flight training in China. I think it would be tremendously interesting and helpful aspect for our members.

I've got a long leg from SLC to CVG and I'll try and work out some details of an Asian aviation forum. I'm working on a massive update to the website so it might slide right in nicely.

Pat Can Stay In China!

Who cares how he is doing. He is spineless and would not ever give me a direct answer to the questions I had about DCA while I was a student there or a so called customer as DCA calls it. No straight answers from that guy.

Remember you can always email me to find out more good and bad about DCA.
adracka@hotmail.com

Red_Baron said:
Who cares how he is doing. He is spineless and would not ever give me a direct answer to the questions I had about DCA while I was a student there or a so called customer as DCA calls it. No straight answers from that guy.

Simply not true. Pat is a great guy, I never got anything but straight answers from him as a student or as an instructor. It wasn't always the answers I wanted, but it was always honest as far as I know. I think you will find that the majority of folks around DCA felt the same way. He will do a great job with his new gig.

I dunno. It's very easy to stand behind a anonymous login name and call someone spineless.

Even though I'm not a fan of DCA for a number of reasons, PM was always a straight shooter.

Last time I checked I did still have a spine. But I have dropped 15 pounds in China thanks to all the exercise I get here walking and bicycling and the vegetable rich Chinese diet. Doug, I still owe you that perspectives article and hope to get to it sometime soon.
Pat Murphy

Was always cool with me!!

In my time at D.C.A., Pat Murphy certainly wasn't spineless. He always was fair, helped me out and even put his neck on the line many times if he thought something was unfair that was happening to a student. I don't remember him as being spineless, I remember him as not only having a strong back bone, but a pair of GONADS to match!!

(And no, I am not gay.)

Back