The Official "I hate bogus information" thread!

mrmet86

I cant stand when bogus information comes through these threads. I read what you say, get my hopes up and then get slapped in the face.

Don't you think its the same exact thing for the person who got the information in the first place?

it's a forum. thats what we're here for.

What information did you read that was incorrect? Perhaps it would benefit others.

I called OKC today and I just found out that they have already filled all the classes for fy 2009 except for August and September....good luck to you guys still waiting. :sarcasm:

JUST A JOKE

If your talking about referral lists and/or panels meeting, then "bogus information" is not the term your looking for. We have no idea whats going on down there, and so far have seen nothing to disprove that panels are meeting today. As for the referral list goes... yeah, it sucks that we are still waiting for it. However, I don't remember anyone saying it was guaranteed to be out by today. We all just HOPED it would be.

Believe me, we are all wondering what the story is but I don't think we've been given any false info YET.

I wasnt pointing fingers at anyone, i was just venting my frustrations. I am sure we are all feeling the same way, just wish we had answers.

If your talking about referral lists and/or panels meeting, then "bogus information" is not the term your looking for. We have no idea whats going on down there, and so far have seen nothing to disprove that panels are meeting today. As for the referral list goes... yeah, it sucks that we are still waiting for it. However, I don't remember anyone saying it was guaranteed to be out by today. We all just HOPED it would be.

:yeahthat: Although someone did post in the PUBNAT2 Referral List thread that the FAA says panels are definitely meeting this week... we were never guaranteed anything about the list... we were hoping it'd be up for us to see by the time panels started, but obviously it's not. And remember that just because it's not there for us to see, it doesn't mean they don't have it all ready to go for these panels.

I saw this online Mr. Met........

http://pages.prodigy.com/lemus/mrmet/mr_met.htm

Care to explain?

That was a bogus report, i love the ladies...
untitled.jpg

I cant stand when bogus information comes through these threads. I read what you say, get my hopes up and then get slapped in the face.

Yeah and I can't stand it when people title their threads "Official" as if it makes the thread more important or better. It's understood that the title is of the thread, so no need to call it a "thread" - it's understood.

(Following rant not directed at any one person)

Honestly I've stopped coming here too much - there is way too much complaining and people with a sense of entitlement. I understand the impatience but posting useless threads over and over and over again does not accomplish the purpose of this board. This place has the potential to be a great source of information but it is littered with useless junk on a daily basis (The stupid cat pictures, talking about chicks, I could go on and on).

If I make it to OKC with some of the people on this board I seriously hope they can relax a little bit....

Yeah and I can't stand it when people title their threads "Official" as if it makes the thread more important or better. It's understood that the title is of the thread, so no need to call it a "thread" - it's understood.

If I make it to OKC with some of the people on this board I seriously hope they can relax a little bit....

You...hoping people relax. Now thats funny.... :yup:

I was getting annoyed earlier by the cat posts too..... Its all good hudson..
Maybe we can start the "Official PUBNAT2 Serious people thread..for official internet business". :D

(Following rant not directed at any one person)

Honestly I've stopped coming here too much - there is way too much complaining and people with a sense of entitlement. I understand the impatience but posting useless threads over and over and over again does not accomplish the purpose of this board. This place has the potential to be a great source of information but it is littered with useless junk on a daily basis (The stupid cat pictures, talking about chicks, I could go on and on).

"Honestly I've stopped coming here too much - there is way too much complaining"

Just find that funny heh..

(The stupid cat pictures, talking about chicks, I could go on and on).

Man, I am about as relaxed as they come...

Sorry if you don't like how some folks vent their feelings as they wait for an undetermined amount of time...until then heres another cat picture. lol And who doesn't like to talk about chicks???
Cat%20got%20your%20Tongue%20.jpg

Nah I'm not pointing fingers at anyone or anything like that, I'm just saying that the reason I came to this forum in the first place was to get updates from other applicants to see how the time line was moving. I didn't come here to listen to people cry about how long it takes, things will happen when they do. There is no sense in getting yourself worked up over something we have absolutely no control over.

What I meant was that I was coming on here on a daily basis and quickly realized that it wasn't useful. If people stuck to the facts and told their experiences about the application process it would make reading this board much easier - that's all I'm saying.

I choose to vent my frustration (on the application process and in general) on the treadmill... but I guess posting cat pictures is just as good, right? :sarcasm:

At the same time, it's frustrating to have new people post new threads - but can you really blame them? Most threads get derailed within 3 posts and continues down hill...

Oh well, I'm off my soap box for now... lol :)

Hudson, and Mr. Met, i agree with you. i HATE how everyone puts "The Official" at the beginning of every thread (yes, especially you Raydon!). and i agree that this forum has basically become useless because there is more talk about college sports, and other crap then there is about ATC, and its hard to find info because there are a ton of threads for every topic, and new ones being started all the freaking time for no reason. (i know Trident will agree too...haha)

Back