The Official "I hate bogus information" thread!

Hudson, and Mr. Met, i agree with you. i HATE how everyone puts "The Official" at the beginning of every thread (yes, especially you Raydon!). and i agree that this forum has basically become useless because there is more talk about college sports, and other crap then there is about ATC, and its hard to find info because there are a ton of threads for every topic, and new ones being started all the freaking time for no reason. (i know Trident will agree too...haha)

Calm down there Scrappy.

Just find the threads to pertain to you and keep up with them. All the nonsense in between useful posts will at least keep you entertained during this very looooong wait.

Nah I'm not pointing fingers at anyone or anything like that, I'm just saying that the reason I came to this forum in the first place was to get updates from other applicants to see how the time line was moving. I didn't come here to listen to people cry about how long it takes, things will happen when they do. There is no sense in getting yourself worked up over something we have absolutely no control over.

What I meant was that I was coming on here on a daily basis and quickly realized that it wasn't useful. If people stuck to the facts and told their experiences about the application process it would make reading this board much easier - that's all I'm saying.

I choose to vent my frustration (on the application process and in general) on the treadmill... but I guess posting cat pictures is just as good, right? :sarcasm:

At the same time, it's frustrating to have new people post new threads - but can you really blame them? Most threads get derailed within 3 posts and continues down hill...

Oh well, I'm off my soap box for now... lol :)

I hear ya man, sometimes I wonder why I am answering the same question again that was asked during the last pubnat or whatever. I think you probably see much more benefits from the treadmill than I do from posting cat pictures, but to each his own right. I guess at the end of the day one can only hope that they help more people than they frustrate lol:)

I called OKC today and I just found out that they have already filled all the classes for fy 2009 except for August and September....

I have not been on this board for a few weeks.... is this the "incorrect info" you're talking about? or is this statement a fact? pardon my ignorance

Hudson, and Mr. Met, i agree with you. i HATE how everyone puts "The Official" at the beginning of every thread (yes, especially you Raydon!). and i agree that this forum has basically become useless because there is more talk about college sports, and other crap then there is about ATC, and its hard to find info because there are a ton of threads for every topic, and new ones being started all the freaking time for no reason. (i know Trident will agree too...haha)

...OMG, you poor thing, so hard to find information amidst all these posts of people going the same direction and just enjoying chatting back and forth. I wish it was just like it was back when the faa first started hiring ots. It was sooo much fun scrounging all over the internet to find just a bit of anything, and all that was out there was atccti.com and even that did not give you any good info (at the time). So rough these days, that we actually have a forum full of good information, but we have to search through to find it. :sarcasm:

Just a little perspecive everyone...I am grateful for all the information here and in a few other good forums out there. I will take all the nonsensical stuff along with the good information any day instead of the complete lack of information we faced back when the faa started this whole ots business.

This forum has transformed so much, and is just growing and changing as we all are growing and moving through this career. I forsee in the not so distant future that as we get through to okc, and then on to our jobs we will have such a good network here to pass information back and forth...relevant and non-relevant.

So, just sit back, read what you want to read...skip the rest and I'll buy you a beer when we get to okc.

I have not been on this board for a few weeks.... is this the "incorrect info" you're talking about? or is this statement a fact? pardon my ignorance

Its just a joke...I was screwing around and illustrating some of the possible misleading comments we see here from time to time.

Gotta say, I find the discussion about college football WAY more annoying than the use of the words "official" or "thread." But anyways...

When the first "official thread"s popped up, I found it slightly humorous. Of course, the humor died off real quick. Then I looked at it another way. The use of the words "official thread" to me, was basically like saying: "Hey you, we already have a thread about that topic. See the big words OFFICIAL and THREAD? PLEASE do not make another thread about the same topic. You could not possibly have missed this one; Please post your thoughts here."
I saw it as at least an attempt at keeping people in one area with one topic.
Does it work? Not really. Lesson learned. But, most of the official threads have the highest view and reply counts.

I started this thread- http://forums.jetcareers.com/application-process-pubnat-at-sat-geo-prefs-announcements/69917-the-official-5-2-pub2-geographic-preference-thread.html
This thread is the second most replied to and the third most viewed in the ATC section. It worked to an extent.

Threads like THIS ONE are the problem. Not all of them.
But seriously, enough already with the "Raydons Official I woke up this morning thread-2009 edition.", or the "Raydons- I logged on to Jet Careers today, just thought I'd let you know thread." We get it. We didn't forget about you.
(I kid Raydon:))

Is that Hudson up there complaining about whiners? I thought he was one of the biggest whiners of all. Everytime I see him post I go get cheese and crackers for the Winefest.

hehe...now thats :yup: over the top.

over the top and out of the frame!

Seriously.. wow.. i mean.. wow.. guys.. this thread's TERRIBLE..

I mean.. come on.. I start some goofy threads but.. I at least put some effort in justifying a thread by fecetiously integrating an on-topic idea into the context!! If not in posting, it's at least in the title!!

lol

"Server Update"
"Jeremy Justice"
"Noob Section please"

No one's even trying any more! I hang my head in shame...

I started this thread- http://forums.jetcareers.com/applic...al-5-2-pub2-geographic-preference-thread.html
This thread is the second most replied to and the third most viewed in the ATC section. It worked to an extent.

And I started this thread http://forums.jetcareers.com/applic...ements/65712-announcement-ending-05-02-a.html.

It had more views and replies than yours. What now?

Here is a nice kitty cat for the day.
lioncut.jpg

What's the point of this post? Nothing. Just got bored and wanted to add to the quality information in this thread. And to maybe piss some people off. Why you ask? Well, why not?

And I started this thread http://forums.jetcareers.com/applic...ements/65712-announcement-ending-05-02-a.html.

lioncut.jpg

What's the point of this post? Nothing. Just got bored and wanted to add to the quality information in this thread. And to maybe piss some people off. Why you ask? Well, why not?

well you made me giggle like a little girl.. but I'm sure mission accomplished!! congrats! you're in the club now too.. i'll be emailing you.

^the force is strong with this one

lioncut.jpg

Thats the funniest crap I have seen in a while...man pita is going to be all over that! Is that photo shopped??? And I just stole that for my avatar...

Nah I'm not pointing fingers at anyone or anything like that, I'm just saying that the reason I came to this forum in the first place was to get updates from other applicants to see how the time line was moving. I didn't come here to listen to people cry about how long it takes, things will happen when they do. There is no sense in getting yourself worked up over something we have absolutely no control over.

What I meant was that I was coming on here on a daily basis and quickly realized that it wasn't useful. If people stuck to the facts and told their experiences about the application process it would make reading this board much easier - that's all I'm saying.

...welcome to a forum. I agree with pretty much all you say -- I think cat pictures are stupid, I get tired of seeing conjecture passed off as knowledge, I don't like to sort through threads about football when I'm looking for ATC-specific information -- but it's just gonna happen, unless they decide to moderate this place to death. You'll get all sorts of people in a forum, that's just how it is. If you and I happen to be in OKC or somewhere else, we'll get together and trade cynical complaints all day long.

But you have to admit that this is the best place on the internet to find information pertinent to what we're doing, even if you have to sort through the irrelevant stuff. While I find most of the people here interesting and would be glad to rub elbows with them in OKC or a tower/center, I'm not really coming here for social interactions (save the occasional venting over the waiting process). So just do what I do... find the threads with the pertinent information, ignore those that devolve into lolcats, and take advantage of that "Mark Forum as Read" feature. And let a mod know when something is of the level of importance that it deserves a sticky -- that'll cut down on new questions and elevate the best to the top of the list.

...welcome to a forum. I agree with pretty much all you say -- I think cat pictures are stupid, I get tired of seeing conjecture passed off as knowledge, I don't like to sort through threads about football when I'm looking for ATC-specific information -- but it's just gonna happen, unless they decide to moderate this place to death. You'll get all sorts of people in a forum, that's just how it is. If you and I happen to be in OKC or somewhere else, we'll get together and trade cynical complaints all day long.

But you have to admit that this is the best place on the internet to find information pertinent to what we're doing, even if you have to sort through the irrelevant stuff. While I find most of the people here interesting and would be glad to rub elbows with them in OKC or a tower/center, I'm not really coming here for social interactions (save the occasional venting over the waiting process). So just do what I do... find the threads with the pertinent information, ignore those that devolve into lolcats, and take advantage of that "Mark Forum as Read" feature. And let a mod know when something is of the level of importance that it deserves a sticky -- that'll cut down on new questions and elevate the best to the top of the list.

WOW! This isn't a wiki you know!

Back