The devil is coming for JetBlue

arkflyr

My family moved to the northern suburbs of Kansas City in 1989 and while we weren’t associated with TWA almost everyone in that side of town back then either worked for them or was neighbors/related to someone who did.

This man is absolute evil, hopefully you all can fend him off or fare better than our late red brethren.

An excellent book, too bad there isn't an addendum or part 2 to go through all the trauma of the RJ and post 9/11 era for the new generation of airline pilots.

Shiny hairgel and backpacks be like, what’s wrong with RJs? They were great for the two long years I had to do at age 23 before getting hired at United at 25.

I'm trying to be - trying - to be circumspect about this and let it simmer before I try to read the tea leaves, but I won't lie that it initially makes me uncomfortable. We, as a collective, have a tendency to doomsay and skyfall and while history certainly shows it is possible, it's a different time, economy and world. I want to be cautiously optimistic, I'm just a little scared too.

I'm trying to be - trying - to be circumspect about this and let it simmer before I try to read the tea leaves, but I won't lie that it initially makes me uncomfortable. We, as a collective, have a tendency to doomsay and skyfall and while history certainly shows it is possible, it's a different time, economy and world. I want to be cautiously optimistic, I'm just a little scared too.
The only way to deal with this crap is as it happens. And have a healthy savings account.

I’ve never liked how labor has to be largely reactive to what the clowns in charge do, but they’re in charge, and we react.

Shoulder shrug. I know who he is and what he has done in the past. With that said, nothing I can do about it. Honestly not too worried about an 88 year old coming in and causing havoc. Still far from the sky is falling.

Shoulder shrug. I know who he is and what he has done in the past. With that said, nothing I can do about it. Honestly not too worried about an 88 year old coming in and causing havoc. Still far from the sky is falling.
Not trying to panic you, but hunter Harrison caused a lot of upheaval at CSX. He was only in charge of the company for 9 months before he passed.

it doesn’t take long for the guy up top to implement his “plan.” Especially if he has foot soldiers willing to carry out his “legacy.”

An excellent book, too bad there isn't an addendum or part 2 to go through all the trauma of the RJ and post 9/11 era for the new generation of airline pilots.
Amen to that. Hard Landings is a management textbook in airline economics and history classes. I'm surprised there isn't. I would venture to guess that they consider the RJ (replacement jet) and neutering the airline pilot profession through 9/11 bankruptcies and dissolution of the pension plans would be pretty popular topics for the next generation of pilot hating bean counters

He’s one of those guys that if someone fed him a shotgun tomorrow, I’d say “wonder why it took so long?”

Reactions: HJB
given the current pilot hiring market, I wonder if Icahn thinks he can squeeze much out of labor.

My sympathies in advance to affected members.

Amen to that. Hard Landings is a management textbook in airline economics and history classes. I'm surprised there isn't. I would venture to guess that they consider the RJ (replacement jet) and neutering the airline pilot profession through 9/11 bankruptcies and dissolution of the pension plans would be pretty popular topics for the next generation of pilot hating bean counters
I definitely recommend Glory Lost and Found. It primarily follows Delta's story arc, but it does a great job of examining the whole industry starting with deregulation. As a business book it is not written in a sufficiently hateful tone for a dyed in the wool airline pilot, but it is truth, calls a spade a spade, and gives an excellent synopsis of the lost decade.

A little context to this.
It’s an additional two seats created. No one on the current board is losing their seat. So in that sense it dilutes the power/percentage control that so many were concerned with. Also he is limited to only 15% of stock ownership. 9.9 at first and up to another 5.1 if available. Sky hasn’t fallen yet. I’m still aware things can change and am still watching to see what develops but current board members are protecting themselves.

My family moved to the northern suburbs of Kansas City in 1989 and while we weren’t associated with TWA almost everyone in that side of town back then either worked for them or was neighbors/related to someone who did.

This man is absolute evil, hopefully you all can fend him off or fare better than our late red brethren.

Wait! What? I thought God protected all LDS. Maybe God got pissed off that the Brazilian bought new allegiance to Cyprus (or maybe Jair B's boys did)... IDK. I just can't keep up these days.

Back