The Delta A320

SeanD

I posted these in the airline pilots section. I thought they would be good here also. Thanks to anet. ;)

DLA320MSP.jpg

DLA320nosecloseup.jpg

Geez, I never thought that I'd see a bus in those colors. Man they sure are moving fast painting these planes...

what is the dashed box on the nose indicate?
I think it's the critical area for RVSM-in other words, you can't change the shape of the skin (patch, dent, etc) in that area without re-doing the RVSM cert....or something along those lines.

Knock on wood VERY quickly Jtrain.

:yeahthat: Until the junior DL FO slides into the left seat of the bus before a senior NWA FO gets it. How about when the more senior NWA FO upgrades to an ER or 757 FO slot before the DL junior narrow body FO or new hire. Something like that. Its a little confusing but seems to have a negative effect for both sides. ;) Play nice guys.

:yeahthat: Until the junior DL FO slides into the left seat of the bus before a senior NWA FO gets it. How about when the more senior NWA FO upgrades to an ER or 757 FO slot before the DL junior narrow body FO or new hire. Something like that. Its a little confusing but seems to have a negative effect for both sides. ;) Play nice guys.

I guess that all depends on what your definition of seniority is at this point. Past seniority at the respective airlines mean nothing from this point forward. Sucks for some, works out for others, and changes little for the rest... but it is what it is.

Is it just me, or is this one of the most tame airline mergers ever?

Strangely tame.

I think everyone looked at USAirways and thought, "Eww... We need to be a little more adult about it than that..."

Of course I've already run into a guy who was pissed that he "lost" 2000 numbers, but moved from 90% to 91% on the new seniority list, but he's in the same spot with the exact same bidding authority than he had before the merger.

I guess he thought he should have went from reserve domestic DTW 757 FO to LAX ER captain or something! Riiiiiiight!

AFAIK, no one is thrilled and (as normal) the most vociferous are the ones that havenät sat down to read any of the material concerning the SLI.

I am flying home on Northwest wednesday. I wonder what the odds are I will be flying a newly painted bus?

Is it just me, or is this one of the most tame airline mergers ever?

I haven't come across an FA who is happy about the merger. Same with the MTC guys. One of them who works at my station said they are inserting one guy for every four of ours. Eh, what can you do. DL's view of it is...if you don't like it.....leave.

Back