The best accelerated school

EM2000

Hey guys, I have my PPL, and have not flown in close to 15 years. I recently received my Class 1, and going to get current soon. My goal is to get back into it with the end goal being the airlines. I'm not planning on incurring any debt.
My question is what is the best accelerated flight school out there today? ATP, Flight Safety, American Flyers, L3, etc.
Also, will getting current be enough to bring me up to speed prior to entering such a program? I want to be ready obviously when I'm there.

Thanks.

A lot of the faster programs depend on the individual. Some guys can take the ATP school and really get some good stuff out of it, while others slog through it or don't feel like they learned enough. I did my PPL-CFI at FSA back in 2006 and Did it in about a year. Spent some money (Housing and food) plus the close to 58K or so on the program. However, they did reimburse CFI/II for me after the fact once I worked for them.
Getting current will help. No doubts about that.

I did my PPL to Commercial at Westwind, KDVT, AZ. Then did CFI at American Flyers, FL.

Both good schools in different ways. Currency helps, but proficiency (to PTS) and study study - writtens out of the way on day 1 helps a lot...

Thanks for the info guys. I may ask as well, if I’m not taking on debt doing this, would it be beneficial to train at a local school? Would it be as “accelerated” as one of these puppy mill schools if I’m dedicating myself full time?
I’m interested in FL, and the LA area.

I was one who did it rating by rating (so as not to take on debt). The first school wasn't an accelerated school (in AZ) but doing it part 61 meant you could progress fast. But you had to put the study in and fly 2x/day. I often compressed the schedule fitting ratings into leave periods.

If you're local it becomes routine. Whereabouts are you based?

Yeah, I'm planning on dedicating myself fulltime to this, all the way to the end. Can any school be "accelerated" if you fly every day with them? You're saying Part 61 as there is no syllabus, correct?
I'm in NY, but looking into schools in FL and the LA area, due to more favorable conditions for flying, and family in the area.

Yeah, I'm planning on dedicating myself fulltime to this, all the way to the end. Can any school be "accelerated" if you fly every day with them? You're saying Part 61 as there is no syllabus, correct?
I'm in NY, but looking into schools in FL and the LA area, due to more favorable conditions for flying, and family in the area.
Yeh Part 61 means perform to standards - so go as fast as you make progress. Part 141 has to follow the defined syllabus. Depends what your end goal is? A smaller school is good but you don't want to fight over plane/instructor availability.

Out of curiosity,what is the driving force behind wanting to do an “accelerated” program? Not to be discouraging,but if the airlines are your goal,you’ve got plenty of time. There are hundreds of type rated pilots with 121 time out there waiting for the regionals to hire again. You’re definitely going to save money going the part 61 route versus 141

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I understand your point regarding hiring. My incentive is that I will not be working and putting up the money to go at this full time. Obviously, as efficiently as possible, but I also want it to be effective as well.

Back