The a3xx

blee256

I hear FedEx is going to be the launch customer for the A380F. They expect to recieve it in 2008. airbus 380

Biut yeah, I dont think there is a market for an airplane that size in the US. Especially with the state of the industry is in right now. I heard Boening feels the same way, so they arent even trying to make an a/c of that magnitude. However I did hear that Boeing was going to come up with a sonic jet that flies 20% faster or something.

-Brian

FLYMcDoofer

Boeing scraped the sonic cruiser. They just introduced the 7E7...not sure what its really all about but looks like a smaller 777. Anyone knows more please comment.

flyitup

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder why they don't produce an RJ size aircraft?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the BBJ (Boeing Business Jet) comparable in size to an RJ?

I wonder if they could configure that for airline use?

PurduePilot

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They do -- it's called the 737.

flyitup

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They do -- it's called the 737.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! I didn't realize that...

Talk about a BIG business jet...

ROCjetBlue320

[ QUOTE ]
Boeing scraped the sonic cruiser. They just introduced the 7E7...not sure what its really all about but looks like a smaller 777. Anyone knows more please comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read about the 7E7 the otherday. Its a 767 body with 777 wings. Its a long range airplane with really good fuel economy.

[ QUOTE ]
I read about the 7E7 the otherday. Its a 767 body with 777 wings. Its a long range airplane with really good fuel economy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Looks just like the 764 to me. Actually I don't see what Boeing's trying to do with the 7E7...doesn't seem much different spec-wise than the 764 or the 772. Here's a pic anyways:

flyguy

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I also heard something about a 747-XX, a larger 747 to compete with the A380. I think that was scrapped also though. Too bad, I'd hate to see 747s phased out. They are classics.

ROCjetBlue320

Yeah really thats what its is. Its a 767-400 body with 777 wings ( noticed the wing tips ) Thats basicly it. The airlines want a long rang aircraft, but with a smaller capacity. Think of it as a new 747SP.

mrivc211

I think the two big launch customers for the A380-800 and A380F will be Emirates with 22 firm orders as well as FEDEX. Someone else also ordered a few but nothing close to those two airlines. Also about the boeing thing, they are thinking of redoing the 767 and making something about 30% more efficient. Heard about that like 2-3 months ago when they announced they were scrapping sonic cruiser which I thought would never get off the ground in the first place because they could care less about speed. It;s all about the dollar signs.