That's Me!

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
Took a friend out to AQO with me, landed before sunset, and then did a couple laps around the pattern to make sure I had night currency and then some. On the last one, with the sun finally going down, he got this shot. I like it. :)

2608364942_e3c5829289.jpg

Cool photo!
(Last one, sun going down... 1hr after sunset right??) ;)

Flying at night is the bestest evar

Cool photo!
(Last one, sun going down... 1hr after sunset right??) ;)

Flying at night is the bestest evar

Yeah - sunset was at 8:36pm CST so I made sure that shot was taken AFTER 9:36pm.

Some of the extra lighting was ambient, and he was using ISO 1600 film.

Oh - note to you guys - when the NOTAM says "deer in the vicinity of the airport" they aren't kidding. They were everywhere when we came in.

I'm just giving you a hard time :D
Night currency can really creep up on you during the summer, not to mention there can still be a good amount of light after the sun drops below the horizon.

Oh - note to you guys - when the NOTAM says "deer in the vicinity of the airport" they aren't kidding. They were everywhere when we came in.

Any close calls? They can be so unpredictable sometimes, right when you think they are going to walk away they come right at you.

I'm just giving you a hard time :D
Night currency can really creep up on you during the summer, not to mention there can still be a good amount of light after the sun drops below the horizon.

No kidding. It has been difficult to work in actual night flying to my schedule. Never thought I would say this, but I'm ready for the sun to start going down earlier. I am trying to log most of my time at night.

Any close calls? They can be so unpredictable sometimes, right when you think they are going to walk away they come right at you.

They weren't on the runway...I only saw them because they were moving in the grass next to the strip and I caught he movement. I slowed way down on the taxi and kept and eye on them. They maintained their distance but I was really afraid one would dart toward the airplane and get itself killed and the plane seriously damaged. Had to be a dozen of them or so.

Nice Pic!
I think you can even see the Cessna Red Overhead light inside the cabin from that angle.
Well done.

Back