That was close..

I was in a fully loaded 152 taking off on a short runway and nearly gave some trees a perm. Would that be considered close?

Man even though i've seen this video hundreds of times, it still amazes me every time see it. Very little room for mistakes in that little scenario.

AA must be only sending there most senior 757 cp/fo for that trip im sure.

That airport is now closed to large aircraft since an A320 ran off the runway earlier this year.

I remember when the last time this video was posted someone posted the approach plates. It was koool.

That airport is now closed to large aircraft since an A320 ran off the runway earlier this year.

I was just corrected. Supposedly the airport resumed accepting international flights in July till the new airport is finished next year.

I was also told that Delta was supposed to start service there before the end of the year.

I think that, while not much more room, that it is an optical illusion, as in there is a little more room than one can actually see.

And responding to the OP, I have not flown this exact approach, but I would have to assume that ASE gives this place a run for its money in terms of approach value.

zz :)

Thats what I call skill. I cant imagine what that approach must be like with low vis.

Back