Thank you Best Buy!

EatSleepFly

Just wanted to report in that Best Buy gave me a whole new camera, after mine went hot tubbing with me. :nana2:

I won't say it was exactly "no questions asked" though.

BB Guy: What's wrong with it?
Me: Uh, it seems to have some moisture inside it. I can't imagine why...
BB Guy: Hmm... so it does. OK!

Actually it was *almost* OK. It did end up being able to turn back on and stuff, but everything through the LCD display was blurry and it was just a little screwy.

No harm done though, they handed me a brand spankin' new one and I didn't have to pay a dime! Woo hoo!

My jeans are outside on the rack still trying to dry out! And getting a leather belt soaked then trying to take it off and on for security is a bad idea.

BobDDuck said:
This hot tub story has appeared in a few posts. It must be good.
As a matter of fact...it is...

I'm really glad you were able to get a new camera ESF...we were really worried about that!

and I already told those who..eerrr..went for a swim that if they need anything replaced to let me know.

Nobody had to fly home in wet clothes did they???

Nah. Mine were mostly dry. By the time I walked through the airport, the things I was wearing from that night were dry.

Dude ESF, I was seriously SO worried about your camera. I felt HORRIBLE. I thought we cleaned out your guys pockets. Somehow my wallet got soaked too. Wow, out-of-control. My belt was worse for wear after the whole incident, but that's fine. No biggie. Glad the camera thing worked out. Man, I seriously was going to puke I was so upset that we screwed it up!!!

I just remember the pre-NJC conversation:

"I should have told everyone to bring their suits!"
"I really don't think that will be a problem."

:D

FlyChicaga said:
Dude ESF, I was seriously SO worried about your camera. I felt HORRIBLE.

:D

Haha, don't sweat it man. You guys got the camera case out of my pocket. You didn't know that my dumb ass put the actual camera in a different pocket!

But yeah, it's all good, and the SD Card survived- which, to be honest, I was more worried about than the camera! :rawk:

Back