Thank You, ATLTRACON

Chris Barnes

He was kind enough to give me a tour of the TRACON this weekend while I was in town to take the AT-SAT.:nana2:

You guys are truly the greatest. All of the controllers I met Saturday were EXTREMELY nice and accommodating. ATL let me plug in while he worked north departure. One of the things that impressed me the most was all the multi-tasking that goes on while a controller is at his/her position. Juggling 3 or 4 things at a time without skipping a beat.

I had a great time and learned more than I can imagine.

After my AT-SAT test I had a chance to talk to one of the test administrators who used to be the tower manager at ATL. He said that stepping into the radar room at the TRACON is like stepping into a scene from Star Wars. He wasn't kidding!

Why spend the $ on something we don't have time to use. It was actually brought in by one of us.

my assumption is that with all the OTS hiring the median age is going to drop significantly. Might be a good investment. Hell once I make CPC I'll bring in a PS3.

my assumption is that with all the OTS hiring the median age is going to drop significantly. Might be a good investment. Hell once I make CPC I'll bring in a PS3.

Again, for the slower folks:sarcasm:, you will NOT have ANY time to be playing on your breaks and at work.

Instead you should be plugged in to a position that you are not training on so you can see what/how YOU do things affect others. Plus it endears you to us. Shows you want to be here.

Again, for the slower folks:sarcasm:, you will NOT have ANY time to be playing on your breaks and at work.

Instead you should be plugged in to a position that you are not training on so you can see what/how YOU do things affect others. Plus it endears you to us. Shows you want to be here.

Yes, in my 25 so odd years I'm supposed to tick off in the FAA, not once will I have time to do anything on my break except for study :rolleyes:

Yes, in my 25 so odd years I'm supposed to tick off in the FAA, not once will I have time to do anything on my break except for study :rolleyes:

The comment was aimed at you and others...the NON CPC. Too many trainees sit around on breaks and #### ### instead of learning what is required. Once you get CPC status, I could really care less what anyone does. But believe me when I say this, vets and CPC's alike really take a look at what the younger kids are brining to the table so to speak, and from what we've seen.....it's not a strong desire to be their absolute best to be the best.

But believe me when I say this, vets and CPC's alike really take a look at what the younger kids are brining to the table so to speak, and from what we've seen.....it's not a strong desire to be their absolute best to be the best.

I believe it, that #### went on in the military facility I worked at. Most new trainees did not really care or make any effort, kinda made them look pretty ###### and I would not do anything to help them because of it.

The comment was aimed at you and others...the NON CPC. Too many trainees sit around on breaks and #### ### instead of learning what is required. Once you get CPC status, I could really care less what anyone does. But believe me when I say this, vets and CPC's alike really take a look at what the younger kids are brining to the table so to speak, and from what we've seen.....it's not a strong desire to be their absolute best to be the best.

I guess you missed the
AFTER CPC portion of the post, or selectively ignored it

Back