Texas XC at Night

dahhcon

Went on my long X/C for commercial-multi training. We flew from GGG-SAT-AUS-ACT-GGG in 4.9 hrs in the DA-42. The trip was a lot of fun. Here are a few pictures a friend took. Sorry for the quality, but thats as good it gets at night.

After engine start
1.jpg

RNAV 12R into KSAT. They had us side-step to 12L for an airport vehicle on the runway.
2.jpg

Enroute to Austin
3.jpg

Approaching downtown Austin
4.jpg

Final at KAUS
5.jpg

Final at Waco
6.jpg

Enroute
7.jpg

Short final
8.jpg

Thats it

Cool pics.. I've flown glass, but never at night.. Does it cast a serious glare? The pics show a little bit.. but not bad. Is it worse in person?

Cool pics.. I've flown glass, but never at night.. Does it cast a serious glare? The pics show a little bit.. but not bad. Is it worse in person?
huge glare. i have been known to use a sectional to cover up some of the screens because they are so freaking bright and you just can not see outside

The glare isn't too bad when you turn the intensity down on the screens.
:yeahthat:
I always turn 'em down at night. Students seldom think to because they often aren't looking outside anyway. That's when simulating GDU failure comes in handy :D.

maybe your eyes aren't as sensitive as mine then. give me a good ol 6-pack for night flights anyday of the week. those 10" tv screen are way to freaking bright, even on manual settings to the lowest they will go

LeTourneau guy, eh? I was just down there a couple weeks ago and saw the new building. . . nice!!

Be nice to Mary, and try to get Mr. Wooden for all your checkrides!

Back