Texas FBO

wolfeman

Hello,
Is there any pilots in south Texas? Does any one know of any Good FBO for Flgiht Training in Texas? Thank you!

Mc Allen has McCreery Aviation and Harlingen has Gulf Aviation. Both have been around forever. I know Gulf has a couple 172M and an rg for commercials, no twins. Not so sure about Brownsville. I see your in Orlando, you moving here permanently or to train? Some of us local pilots in Harlingen have weekly hang outs at the ramp on Thursdays hit me up if you come out.

I perfer Gulf aviation in Harlingen, the instructors are really cool and its not as busy as McCreery in McAllen. Harlingen is class c, but its easy in and easy out, hardly ever any wait time.

I saw an advertisement for a CFI job at Gulf Aviation recently . . . would appreciate any updated info about this FBO and the Harlingen airport area. Thanks!

Hey! I'm right in that area! I started flight training at Mccreery Aviation in McAllen, it's a pretty good FBO from what I've seen but I havent been in too many, the instructors are good (Mike Garza) and the planes are well kept. It's kind of hectic and hard to book some training flights but if you do it in advance, you can get a pretty good schedule. I plan on finishing up my PPL this semester once I get my disbursements.

17841d1261587011-superbattleship-leviathan-class-pinhead-necro2.jpg

Hey! I'm right in that area! I started flight training at Mccreery Aviation in McAllen, it's a pretty good FBO from what I've seen but I havent been in too many, the instructors are good (Mike Garza) and the planes are well kept. It's kind of hectic and hard to book some training flights but if you do it in advance, you can get a pretty good schedule. I plan on finishing up my PPL this semester once I get my disbursements.

Best of luck in mopping up that PPL soon, J!

Are they affiliated with any military or college program that you know of? I'm browsing their Facebook page and there are quite a few pics of their planes with military folk around them. I actually landed at the Brownsville airport about a year ago to pick up my car at the US Logistics Center and then drove thru that area on my way to Houston and eventually Florida . . . kind of hard to believe that Harlingen is class C while both McAllen and Brownsville are class Ds!

Thanks! All I have left is my bunch of solo hours, cross countries, and a few more hours of night flying, so hopefully I'll get it done sooner than later! I don't think they're too affiliated with the Military guys, but I do see a lot of navy and coast guard guys coming in to do touch and go's at MFE often, though I haven't seen too many full stops yet. It's mostly a flight training FBO along with corporate charters mixed in there. I'm with ya there, I haven't flown into HRL yet, but the city itself seems like it is more sparsely populated than the area around MFE, so I'm not too sure why it's a C and not a D also! It's actually a really good place for flight training, pretty cheap rates, more than a few airports to fly around to, and airspace isn't too complicated, yet you get your radio work with the class C nearby. The only bad thing is that it's hot year round, but once you get used to it, it's not too bad!

Back