Terminal...Where is everyone going?

If all goes well at the PEPC - I'll be headed to ICT (Wichita KS). Pretty easy for me to figure out since I was selected for Terminal - KS.

If all goes well at the PEPC - I'll be headed to ICT (Wichita KS). Pretty easy for me to figure out since I was selected for Terminal - KS.
i wouldnt worry bryce. it will go well...whats your wife think about living up there?

I attended the LA PEPC and I am heading to Spokane, WA (GEG) which is a Level 8 up/down facility, pretty stoaked about it since I live here. Today I just got an email from FAA H.R. telling me I am clear to head to OKC. I was offerd the 28 July class but switched to the 8 Sept class so I can enjoy the rest of summer with the fam.

He told me the class will be 7 weeks long, which seems short, but recently I have seen others posting the same for terminal classes.

GEG: Terminal Level 8
OKC:8 Sept.

Good luck to everyone else, see ya in OKC.

You guys going to DCA, buy my friend Paul lunch (or bring him lunch, not sure about the terminal access at National). He won't be your OJTI probably, but he's a geat guy who will bend over backwards to help you out.

From what I hear, DCA is one of the better towers in the agency at that level at least until they start allowing GA back in. Lots of helos though, get used to the idea of helo local. Great view from up there though!

Congrats to you all!

I just applied to the 6/30 app. I haven't seen anyone in this thread or any other on here wanting to go to KY. That would be my first choice...CVG then either SDF or LEX. Anyone have any idea what the hiring prospects are for those three towers over the next year?

Thanks!

I attended the LA PEPC and I am heading to Spokane, WA (GEG) which is a Level 8 up/down facility, pretty stoaked about it since I live here.

Lucky devil, I can't complain since I get to go back home to Denver, but GEG is nice... plus, I wouldn't mind living up there with my folks.

Lucky devil, I can't complain since I get to go back home to Denver, but GEG is nice... plus, I wouldn't mind living up there with my folks.

Our family really loves Spokane for so many reasons. Both my wife and I are from Cali but just couldn't go back after being spoiled up here while serving at Fairchild. Maybe someday you can transfer back. Congrats on Denver though!

Congrats on DCA...one of the best tower views systemwide, I am heading to MMU (Morristown Muncipal in New Jersey) and will be the one and only trainee (for now at least)

GQ007, thanks! The view is spectacular. Good luck to you. Where are you located in Washington, DC? It is probably good that you'll be the only trainee there. At the current rate, you may end up checking out faster than any of us.:)

I graduated from UMD-College Park. Currently enrolled there working on my MBA and MS. Have you visited Potomac Tracon?

Oh, ok. Yeah, I went to highschool right down the road at DeMatha. I have visited the facility, its really nice. I actually interned in the BWI tower for about 2 years and loved it. Hopefully i'll see you in OKC. I hear its pretty boring out there and NOT to bring your car, apparently everyone will beg for rides haha.

:yeahthat:

Too bad you can't buy a bike out in OKC, then after 3 months decide it 'doesn't fit your needs'.

:yeahthat:

Too bad you can't buy a bike out in OKC, then after 3 months decide it 'doesn't fit your needs'.
Buy it at walmart, have it conveniently break before the warranty ends. Then buy another one. Lather. Rinse. Repeat as necessary.

Of course I'm not endorsing any fraud here... that would be unlawful! ;)

Congrats to you all!

I just applied to the 6/30 app. I haven't seen anyone in this thread or any other on here wanting to go to KY. That would be my first choice...CVG then either SDF or LEX. Anyone have any idea what the hiring prospects are for those three towers over the next year?

Thanks!

Interested in KY huh? Any particular reason? CVG is in the process of moving controllers out and, this is just a guess, go down in their facility ratings. I have a family friend that now works at ATL who used to be at CVG, twice. He was CVG, then ATL, then CVG, and now ATL again. Probably wouldnt be a safe bet to try to get in there. I live in LEX, and have for about 5 years. I worked at the airport for about a year, and there really isnt much traffic going in and out. It is always busy when Keeneland and horse sale are going on, and with the World Equestrian Games show up in 2010 (i think), it will be very busy. SDF, no clue. I hate everything about Louisville, except for the Derby, you cant go wrong with the infield.
I'm going to do everything in my power to get out of here ASAP. KY is a great place to live, but almost 24 years of it, I need a scenery change. Let me know if you want to know anything else about KY.

Interested in KY huh? Any particular reason?

I want KY or IN because I am ready to go 'home'. I am from Cinti and have been at least 500 miles away from family and friends for 5 years and my wife and I are ready to go back.

You say moving people out of CVG - is that because of the flight reductions by DL/OH? I can deal with the drop in facility level - money doesn't matter. SDF/LEX would be fine too. I just turned 30 last week. If ATC doesn't work out, I plan on leaving my airline of 12 years next May or June and getting a 'real' job in the Cincinnati area.

Back