TBI

Hey All,

New to the forum. Had a car accident about 6 months ago. I was in the hospital for a couple of weeks with a TBI. Diagnosed with a subarachnoid hemorrhage - subdural hematoma, I have been coordinating with AMAS, as they are affiliated with my union at work. They have been an absolute pleasure to work with, so anyone needing this type of consultant, I highly recommend them based on their customer support.

Anyway, they think that this will be a two year recovery period before I will be able to get my 1st class. There was a radiologist's note about a "possible tiny parenchymal bleed" on my CT scan. AMAS has told me that this could cause some more concern, but still think it's a two year recovery period. I followed up with the neurosurgery team that handled my care when I was in the hospital, and they couldn't really give me any comment on that note in the CT scan. They only told me that their team did not feel the need to provide follow up to it... whatever that means.

The AME that I have been using has been great, but I felt that this case might be a little out of his wheelhouse. Recently, I have been conversing with a senior AME that specializes in neurology cases. He is going to be my AME when the time comes to submit my application. I have been given a list of things that need to be completed to provide the FAA when the time comes. I have accepted the two year period at this point, but I don't want anymore surprises when the time comes. Has anyone had a similar case? Just looking for any other insight into this, so I can have all my ducks lined up.

Thanks!

Back