Tampa Area Low Time Jobs

Mark83

Like some other users, I wanted to use this great networking tool to help locate a job during these low times. I'm just finishing all my instructor ratings and have been calling around the area looking for flight schools/academies that are hiring without much luck.

Bottom line, I will have CFI/II and MEI and looking for any job. Does anyone know of any flight schools. traffic, pipe line, any low timer jobs to be had in the Tampa Bay or even out into the Orlando area?

I appreciate the help in advance.

Did you hit up the schools at PIE and the airpark?

I spoke to Hans at American Flying Adventures; not hiring but send resume.

Spoke to Clearwater Aviation Academy; wouldn't say if they were or were not looking, just to send resume.

I haven't spoken to the CW Airpark yet, do you know someone there by chance?

Is there any other reputable ones that I missed that you might know of? It doesn't have to be instructing either, anything that pay a low timer to fly anything, just not a kite :sarcasm:.

I really appreciate your help Gonzo!

The last time I was at CW Airpark couple of years ago there was a school at the FBO and they appeared to be very busy with students. CAA at PIE goes through seasons of being busy and not busy. One thing with working at CAA is that you will spend time with your students flying over to CW Airpark to top off the aircrafts since it is much cheaper there than getting fuel from Signature over at PIE.

Hey Gonzo, still flying the line? I am enjoying the great weather here and might be enjoying more often when we all get downshifted to reserve and not flying. Oh well many San Diego overnights on next month’s line. Enjoy them while I can…

I started flying at the airpark and it was a great small training atmosphere. I havent done any training there for 2 years but there was a knowledgable group of instructors there at the time.

Like some other users, I wanted to use this great networking tool to help locate a job during these low times. I'm just finishing all my instructor ratings and have been calling around the area looking for flight schools/academies that are hiring without much luck.

Bottom line, I will have CFI/II and MEI and looking for any job. Does anyone know of any flight schools. traffic, pipe line, any low timer jobs to be had in the Tampa Bay or even out into the Orlando area?

I appreciate the help in advance.
Mark83 - Drop me a PM.

I got my ratings and instructed in TPA before moving on to American Eagle Airlines.

I may be able to put you in touch with my former Chief Pilot.

=Stan

Mark83 - Drop me a PM.

I got my ratings and instructed in TPA before moving on to American Eagle Airlines.

I may be able to put you in touch with my former Chief Pilot.

=Stan

Hey Stan,

I really appreciate your help. I'm still too new to jet careers forums to PM I guess. Would it be possible for you to email me at markawillmore@gmail.com?

Thanks again!

Mark

Thanks Cactus Cutter and av8or91 for your input. I'll be sending them my resume and we'll see what happens.

Thanks again guys!

Where did you do your training? Im from that area so Im pretty familiar with some of the people at the flight schools.

Try Florida Aerial Advertising in St. Petersburg. I know that they are looking for a banner tow pilot. It's a year round position and all you need is a commercial ticket, no hour mins. Their number is 727-572-8947. Hope this helps.

Where did you do your training? Im from that area so Im pretty familiar with some of the people at the flight schools.

I live in Tampa but, I am finishing up my training with ATP. I'm looking for options here in the Tampa Bay area. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Try Florida Aerial Advertising in St. Petersburg. I know that they are looking for a banner tow pilot. It's a year round position and all you need is a commercial ticket, no hour mins. Their number is 727-572-8947. Hope this helps.

Thanks! Do you know what they are using to tow? No hour minimums is a good thing, considering my low times.

Do they fly an old 1940's 1950's plane? Ive seen this same banner tow plane that flys over my house and along clearwater area beaches for so long. I honestly dont think I would ever want to fly that plane. I think it made an emergency landing on a golf course not too long ago.

I live in Tampa but, I am finishing up my training with ATP. I'm looking for options here in the Tampa Bay area. Any help is greatly appreciated. Today 16:16

Oh ok, just wondering if you attended any of the area schools. How far along are you at ATP and did you do their accelerated program?

Yes, I am doing the accelerated program. I'm about two weeks from completion. Can't beat the time or price for the ratings and hours you get.

Yes, I am doing the accelerated program. I'm about two weeks from completion. Can't beat the time or price for the ratings and hours you get.

Yea it must be nice to be done so quick and actually start working. Good luck finishing up.:)

Back