Take ATSAT on later date?

PharmTechATC

Hey guys, I'm new to this thread and would like to start off by saying HELLO :D. I've been selected to take the ATSAT very soon, but before I am contacted to schedule the exact date; is it possible to schedule it for a little later, say the last semester I graduate from my CTI program? I'll be done this Spring. Input? Thoughts?

I dont know how many people would agree with me on this, but I would take it as early as possible. That way if you dont do so hot, you would be able to retake it before graduating from CTI school.

Don't reschedule. Your CTI work will have no bearing on the test material, as it is more of an aptitude test than a knowledge test. Take it as soon as you can, because the sooner you get your score, the sooner you can be in the pipe for getting set up for training and getting into the Academy. Your CTI credentials will allow you to apply for postings for which others aren't qualified (such as the OTS folks), so you already have that leg up, but hiring itself has slowed down considerably, so getting your name in there sooner rather than later is better for you.

I dont know how many people would agree with me on this, but I would take it as early as possible. That way if you dont do so hot, you would be able to retake it before graduating from CTI school.

Or, maybe more importantly, you can get out of additional semesters of CTI school if you screw up and don't make well qualified. Could potentially save you thousands, and a whole lot of time. With that said... I'm sure you'll do well.

@middies: That is one of the possibilities I have thought about, however I am very optimistic about this test and anticipate a positive outcome :D But I do see how that could benefit me.

@jermscentral: Thanks for the input jerms! I have kept that concept in mind as far as it being an aptitude test. I have been concerned about how long it would take for me to get hired upon taking the exam, but I didn't think it would really give me much of an advantage taking it early which brings me to my response to rosstafari.

@rosstafari: Thanks rossta :beer:. Correct me if I am mistaken, but if that were the case, wouldn't I enter the academy equivalent to an off the street hire because I would not have completed the CTI program? It is a nice thought and all but if I were to pursue that path, I would be at another fork in the road in my career path :dunno:. Then again, my spring course is the cumulative review of the CTI courses I have taken, so maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea :laff:

@rosstafari: Thanks rossta :beer:. Correct me if I am mistaken, but if that were the case, wouldn't I enter the academy equivalent to an off the street hire because I would not have completed the CTI program? It is a nice thought and all but if I were to pursue that path, I would be at another fork in the road in my career path :dunno:. Then again, my spring course is the cumulative review of the CTI courses I have taken, so maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea :laff:

You would only get to enter as an OTS hire if there were actually another OTS announcement. If you finish your CTI program, you can apply under both CTI and OTS announcements, greatly increasing your chances. Two lottery tickets are better than one. :)

There are typically more CTI announcements, and now that the OTS hiring bonanza is slowing down and potentially ending (I'm not starting any rumors; that's just an observation), you have a better shot if you finish up your CTI school courses and get that going for you.

Back