Tabexpress is closed!!!!

For better or for worse. It was announced today that Tabexpress is no longer in operation. In a very brief meeting the owner of the Company, Bob Adamo, said "it's over, I'm closing the doors" Bob has stated in the past that the school has been on rocky ground for several months due to a loss of revenue from Key bank not financing new students. The school had to stop it's flight training a few months ago due to the lack of income. Over 40 students are now left with a $100,000 loan. There is a representive from an independent firm who will be working with the students to try and finish their training elsewhere.

When did this news come out? I talked to Bob this afternoon. I've been trying to get a KeyBank issue solved for almost 2 years. I guess I'm either screwed or sueing now.

[ QUOTE ]
When did this news come out? I talked to Bob this afternoon. I've been trying to get a KeyBank issue solved for almost 2 years. I guess I'm either screwed or sueing now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you already enrolled?

"For better or for worse. It was announced today that Tabexpress is no longer in operation."

That's great news. My condolences to anyone who lost money there but going to that outfit was a bad choice. I'm not sure they ever got their airline up and running, so maybe it wasn't truely PFT, but they were definately wannabes and would have been if they could have made it happen.

I wonder how many guys bought into that deal where you paid them a bunch of money upfront to be a flight crewmember on their airline that never happened.

Wonder when Doug will change the title of this forum to "Get your money back from Tab Express"

One down, one to go.....

I built some King Air time there in 03. Bob withheld my refund. KeyBank said they didn't get their money soon enough. I got charged an extra $4000 in loan fees and interest because of Bob dragging his feet. He said he'd fix it. Key told me I was SOL. He hasn't done a damn thing about. The man was a crook and I'm glad to see him fail.

How'd you like to know that they spent your loan money on paying for the rights to "Start Me Up" in their crappy video?
"You make a grown man cry!"
That about sums it up. Good luck transfering your loan to Delta Connection or Embry Riddle!

[ QUOTE ]
The man was a crook and I'm glad to see him fail.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt he, or any senior management, "failed". Keep in mind people what happened with ATA (the training company, NOT the airline). The higher ups emezzelled (sp??) the $$ right up until the end. I'm not saying this happened at TAB, but one has to wonder.

Bob had a ferrari, and a couple jets among other things. He didn't "fail". He's laughing his @ss off somewhere sipping martinis.

~wheelsup

[ QUOTE ]
Bob had a ferrari, and a couple jets among other things. He didn't "fail". He's laughing his @ss off somewhere sipping martinis.

~wheelsup

[/ QUOTE ]
I doubt if he's laughing. His goose that lays the golden eggs just died and he knows it.

Unless he took the golden eggs and invested them.....

So much for the 4 year contract for the FOs. Maybe this was how they planned to get out of the refund part of that deal all along....

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of money is stake. Eighty students were paying a combined $5 million to $8 million to TAB Express to be trained as pilots for prop planes and jets and as instructors.

Now, the school is closed, and the state is launching an investigation of potential fraud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Riddance

You know what, TFB.

People who buy into these things are in aviation for all the wrong reasons. We don't need 'em and I'm glad that places like this and the people involved are getting what they deserve. Maybe some of the students didn't know what they were getting into, but they were most likely the type of "I want to be an airline pilot right now" people that we don't need around.

If you're one of those people, go take out your $100,000 loans and go be a doctor or something. I'm sure the in-laws will be much more impressed by that. This is a complicated, dangerous, difficult, arduous profession that will be much better off without you.

Gulfstream, I hope you're next.

Re: Good Riddance

I have to say, maybe I'm a bastard, but I feel a hell of a lot less sorry for students out of money from TAB than from something like ATA.

Yes, it sucks, and I still feel sorry... but...

edit: and I'm only talking about the 'pay us an insane amount of cash and we'll hire you, after 4 years we'll pay you back if we don't decide to fire you whenever because we can' scheme, I don't know of TAB had any other training dealies.

Re: Good Riddance

Hey! I'm the only BASTARD on these forums!
wink.gif

There is a wealth of information on this website. I just wish more "green" pre-privates would read it. You have to take the emotion out of the decision on where to go and ask yourself........Does this sound to good to be true?

I hate seeing people getting screwed in aviation training.

There are some good quality schools on this website. If the prospective student reads carefully they will find therir choice.

ILS

To hell with them. For the suckers that couldn't see the BS, well, sometimes a good lesson is expensive.

Lloyd, help me Bro. Is there any politically-correct method in which to axe this forum without ending up with the stigma of "the ATA people got to Doug" so he deleted this forum!

Doug you are the boss so if you want it gone then 86 it. I dont think many or any will miss it.

Back