Synergy Airplane

It's pretty, but I'd like someone more well-versed in aerodynamics than I to comment, independently, about the design.

It's pretty, but I'd like someone more well-versed in aerodynamics than I to comment, independently, about the design.

Well, I will give it a go. From an aerodynamics point of view it has a nosewheel and some kind of non-radial engine.

It a cool design, personally I thing it looks really weird but I am not into the long easy's either so maybe I am a bad judge. One thing I do think is cool though it that since it has no wing tip, it won't produce any wing tip vortices, decreasing drag allowing for faster acceleration and better maneuverability. The down side to that though is that it could potentially be much more unstable than a similar design with wing tips. Either way, really cool design.

I remember seeing this on the homebuiltairplanes forum a couple of years ago. Interested to see progress....

Pretty smart guys, getting other people to fund their experimental home-built airplane project.... wish I would've thought of that.

Back