Syllabus for King Schools "Get It All" Kit?

Scared to Fly

il·lit·er·ate
I just started instructing at this flight school that had all their students buy the King Schools "Get It All" kit. As a former King student myself I thought this would be an easy transition, but what I'm finding out is that the non CPC King Kits are highly unorganized. They just ship a box full of cd's with little to no guidance as to what order watch them in.
Does anyone know of a syllabus for the King non CPC Private Pilot kit? I called King and according to them there's no syllabus.

Any help would be highly appreciated

I just started instructing at this flight school that had all their students buy the King Schools "Get It All" kit. As a former King student myself I thought this would be an easy transition, but what I'm finding out is that the non CPC King Kits are highly unorganized. They just ship a box full of cd's with little to no guidance as to what order watch them in.
Does anyone know of a syllabus for the King non CPC Private Pilot kit? I called King and according to them there's no syllabus.

Any help would be highly appreciated

I dont like the "Get it all Kit" from King. There is so much information that the student gets overwhelmed or bored very quickly. I just use the Private pilot written DVD's from Kings. That gets them through the Written. I teach them the rest. Its only 280 bucks vs 500 something.

Although more entertaining with lots of cool video clips and such, Sportys is not as affective IMO as I stated before. I can almost guess what a students grade is going to be based on which DVD set they used.

Sporty's 80% + or - 5
King Schools 90% + or - 5

Does anyone still do classroom style ground school at FBO's anymore? The fact that a CFI is doing the instruction, and answering questions, seemed much easier to me. And it was cheaper than the DVDs (I think I paid about $100 - it was a while ago). But with 20 students, this was very profitable for the CFIs.

Does anyone still do classroom style ground school at FBO's anymore? The fact that a CFI is doing the instruction, and answering questions, seemed much easier to me. And it was cheaper than the DVDs (I think I paid about $100 - it was a while ago). But with 20 students, this was very profitable for the CFIs.

The problem is getting a class of 20 together twice a week for 6 weeks.

I've done it, and will happily do so again, but the customers like the videos better.

Although more entertaining with lots of cool video clips and such, Sportys is not as affective IMO as I stated before. I can almost guess what a students grade is going to be based on which DVD set they used.

Sporty's 80% + or - 5

Passing a written test is one thing. All I know is that my private & instrument students had far less gaps in their practical knowledge using Sportys than King. Honestly, I couldn't give a crap what my student gets on a written. I just want them to be confident and pass. Test scores are for chumps. Make good decisions & fly well, I'll be impressed.

The problem is getting a class of 20 together twice a week for 6 weeks..

Yeah, there's that. There's also nothing that'll kill a student's enthusiasm like sitting in a class 3 hours at a time, two nights a week, for 6 weeks.

Sporty's 80% + or - 5
I disagree. I scored a 95 on my private written using Sporty's, I think it is up to the student.

Back