SY Amazon freighter jumpseating

nibake

Powder hound
With several Amazon routes operating, offline jumpseat is now up and running. Most of the captains will not have had to deal with offline jumpseaters on the freighter yet so be prepared to be a guinea pig.

Last edited:
Best of luck but I don't see the big deal. If you're qualified to be there and have the credentials then you should be good. No Capt gets to that point without being at some bottom feeder sometime prior. Plus, there is an expectation that their list can ride anyplace that reciprocal.

Best of luck but I don't see the big deal. If you're qualified to be there and have the credentials then you should be good. No Capt gets to that point without being at some bottom feeder sometime prior. Plus, there is an expectation that their list can ride anyplace that reciprocal.

I don't think those things would be issues, no. However, we scarcely know where to go with new routes, much less a jumpseater, so it might be hard to get good directions on where to go. Also we listing on ID90 is not an option like it is on the passenger flight, and the captain doesn't have the ability to add a listing, only to verify CASS, and there is no gate agent, so some forethought and planning will be required. Hopefully it will be a well-oiled machine soon, but if I had to guess it's going to take some time to get to that point.

Sorry for not giving an answer. The routes are still being added every time one turns around. I will check back later, or if you think you might be in need of one PM me and I can have a look.

I wanted to throw an update on here:

Some of the bases are moving targets (there is addition and removal of bases each quarter) but here are the current bases -

• AFW
  • ATL
  • AUS
  • BDL
  • CLT
  • CVG
  • FAI
  • ILD
  • JFK
  • LAL
  • LAX
  • MSP
  • MSY
  • ONT
  • ORD
  • PDX
  • PHX
  • RFD
  • RIC
  • SJU
  • TOL
  • TPA

The CASS check and security screening are not issues. I guess my point was more to the fact that you might have a hard time finding information like what door to go to or what the physical address of the facility is.

I wanted to throw an update on here:

Some of the bases are moving targets (there is addition and removal of bases each quarter) but here are the current bases -

• AFW
  • ATL
  • AUS
  • BDL
  • CLT
  • CVG
  • FAI
  • ILD
  • JFK
  • LAL
  • LAX
  • MSP
  • MSY
  • ONT
  • ORD
  • PDX
  • PHX
  • RFD
  • RIC
  • SJU
  • TOL
  • TPA

It should be noted that AUS,LAX,ONT,RFD and TPA are just alternates for right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jumpseat listing for the freighters is now available on ID90. Walk up is still available but pre-listing is preferred as it allows for the correct W&B info in advance. If you list and aren't able to make it there is no way to delist.

Back