SWAPA Strike Vote Closed Early

Pax don’t care. Most of them see this as rich pilots who drove their Ferraris to the airport, to walk around whining about how they aren’t paid enough and having to sit in a cockpit on their butts pushing buttons. While they themselves struggle to make ends meet living paycheck week to week.

Unfortunately, I think that is how the picketing and efforts at NetJets are being perceived. Don't get me wrong, they should get all the backing they deserve, but I just don't think Phil the Phenom pilot flying "the elites" around in a private jet while working a 7/7 is getting much support from the average consumer.

Dude. We have people at our shop that are NOT members of ALPA. They are non-members and pay 1.5% dues instead of the standard 1.85%.

Imagine. Assuming a 350k salary, the dues difference of .35% amounts to $1,225/yr or just $103 bucks per month. Who would turn their back on their own fellow members over $100 bucks per month.

Don't they get the same negotiated benefits as you: Hourly rates, PTO, etc? In their eyes, they're winning because they don't pay the same dues but are getting the same pay you are. Those are the same pilots that will bring burned out lightbulbs from home and swap them out at the hotel.

Did I read that APA's board turned down their AIP? Anybody know if that's true?

Or bring their own wrapped slice of American cheese to McDonald’s because they save 10 cents buying a hamburger instead of a cheeseburger, and those savings add up, you know…..

The moronic part was that he didn't understand that "free cheese" for him was paid for by me.

I wonder what ever happened to him?

You’d be surprised. I seen a few with ALPA. I haven’t seen any with the IPA and I’d probably get stuck by lightning before I do. When one hasn’t been screwed over by the company, don’t understand how bad the company can screw them, or never needed the union’s help before one has the mentality of “I’m just wasting blank amount of money every month paying union dues”. That mentality is how some places keep entire workgroups union free.
The amount of money directly returned to the pilot group through the first stage of contract enforcement alone was north of $1 million per year during a "slow" year at previous-employer, not to mention the benefit to all of simply keeping the deal that had been negotiated.

Like you said, nobody likes paying dues until suddenly they need their rep.

The amount of money directly returned to the pilot group through the first stage of contract enforcement alone was north of $1 million per year during a "slow" year at previous-employer, not to mention the benefit to all of simply keeping the deal that had been negotiated.

Like you said, nobody likes paying dues until suddenly they need their rep.

I was under the impression that if you are non member paying agency shop fee, you don’t get represented in case of trouble. Turns out, they do get represented. WTH?

The moronic part was that he didn't understand that "free cheese" for him was paid for by me.

I wonder what ever happened to him?

Good question. Haha. That was your profit he was making! He was an Atlanta weirdo. Maybe he’s back there. Maybe…….he’s at your shop…..

I was under the impression that if you are non member paying agency shop fee, you don’t get represented in case of trouble. Turns out, they do get represented. WTH?
That’s…beyond Jetcareers complicated.

Non-membership does not affect your rights and privileges under any Agreement currently in force is the short version. The longer version, well, how much nice wine do you want to buy me?

That’s…beyond Jetcareers complicated.

Non-membership does not affect your rights and privileges under any Agreement currently in force is the short version. The longer version, well, how much nice wine do you want to buy me?

It’s difficult to procure that much without running afoul of the tax authorities.

Yeah, I forget his name. But he was known as the “Schedule fixer” or something like that. Got paired with a Capt you don’t want to fly with? Come see him, and he’ll take your flight you can’t give away, for a small fee. No hated Capt’s are excepted. He will fly with them all. Apparently, the female Capt on SWA 345 was a Capt he flew often with, and made lots of money taking trips for, as she was on so many lists. Lol
I think I had the pleasure of being on her jumpseat. There could not be more than one! She actually called my company to verify that I was an employee and a pilot before granting me permission to board.

Back