SWA worst, 9E best?

TUCKnTRUCK

That guy
Just heard on the Philly news, airlines averaged 86% on time last month, SWA had worst percentage, Pinnacle had the best?

Wow, guess that would lay to waste seggy's complaint.

Nothing will make me change my belief that Southwest gets preferential treatment.

Yeah but.... who cares. Who cares that SWA gets preferential treatment. There are so many other things to be legitimately concerned about. It's like getting pissed off about getting cut off driving. Sure you can get mad and react - but it's just going to be a waste of time.

But how many airlines arrived at the VCN VOR on time, just to be put in a hold because some errant cloud passed over PHL or the wind was more than 5kts? I don't think the Philly news should report ontime performance of airlines, they should report the poor operation of the airport which caused the delays.

Just heard on the Philly news, airlines averaged 86% on time last month, SWA had worst percentage, Pinnacle had the best?

Wow, guess that would lay to waste seggy's complaint.

Southwest wasn't the worst. They were still above average with 89% and came in at #4, 2 ahead of Philly's hometown airline.

Pinnacle, was indeed, #1 for October with 90.7% on-time. So, that's at least the last three months we've been in the top 3 for on-time performance. I know personally, I haven't been doing anything out of the ordinary to bust my butt (contract negotiations, ya know). But, I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT improvement in the ground crew performance. At least in MEM. DTW and MSP, I'm still waiting a while to get parked sometimes. Not as bad as it used to be, though.

Southwest wasn't the worst. They were still above average with 89% and came in at #4, 2 ahead of Philly's hometown airline.

Pinnacle, was indeed, #1 for October with 90.7% on-time. So, that's at least the last three months we've been in the top 3 for on-time performance. I know personally, I haven't been doing anything out of the ordinary to bust my butt (contract negotiations, ya know). But, I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT improvement in the ground crew performance. At least in MEM. DTW and MSP, I'm still waiting a while to get parked sometimes. Not as bad as it used to be, though.

We're running in the 20s for D0 in ATL. A14 is somewhere around 60% I think.... dang shouldn't have trashed those crewtrac messages.

There are freaky things going on in the 121 world.

Last quarter, Eagle made ALL of its on-time and completion marks.

It was apparently the first time the airline hit ALL of its targets in the same quarter.

There are freaky things going on in the 121 world.

Last quarter, Eagle made ALL of its on-time and completion marks.

It was apparently the first time the airline hit ALL of its targets in the same quarter.

Yeah, it's called tweaking schedules and overblocking flights. Too bad Delta hasn't really caught on to that yet with the 9E flying. Numbers might be a bit better.

Then again, looking at on-time for specific airports, ATL is like 3 from the bottom of all mainland airports. Oddly enough, the two underneath it are also both in Georgia. Only other airports with worse on-time stats are in Alaska.

The only time I've been late the past two month was b/c I had to de-ice.

I know you said this in a later post, but it's interesting to note that in October and November, Airways took an average of 8 minutes of block time out of each flight. That's pretty amazing. The irony is that per the DOT statistics for October it was their best month in recent memory in A14, miss connecting bags and passenger complaints. Go figure.

Yeah, it's called tweaking schedules and overblocking flights. Too bad Delta hasn't really caught on to that yet with the 9E flying. Numbers might be a bit better.

Yeah, ditching the cascade of 25 minute turns didn't hurt either.

The schedule reduction helped two-fold... now that we've got a little less flying, we've got plenty of crews and airplanes.

Hey- don't run the joint on bare-bone staffing and it works.

Who knew? :rolleyes:

Back