SWA Non-Revving for the Parents

JaceTheAce

I am looking into getting my mom a ZED fare to go from SMF-PDX but someone told me there's some other sort of agreement US Airways has with Southwest that just makes all the fares a flat $25 each way. What is this option called and how do I go about purchasing a ticket? At the US Air ticket counter like I normally would with a ZED?

That sounds like an "over the counter agreement." We had a couple of those in Orlando when I was with SWA with some other carriers. Normally, it's a deal worked out between station managers in specific cities (at least, that's how it was explained to me). For example, you could get a ZED fare on Virgin Atlantic, but we had an over the counter agreement out of MCO where you only had to pay taxes to non-rev on them.

Not sure who you would talk to in order to find out what the deal was where you are, but for us, we could get the scoop on what was what by talking to the station manager.

I am looking into getting my mom a ZED fare to go from SMF-PDX but someone told me there's some other sort of agreement US Airways has with Southwest that just makes all the fares a flat $25 each way. What is this option called and how do I go about purchasing a ticket? At the US Air ticket counter like I normally would with a ZED?

Yes, its true. Go to the USAir ticket counter, present your badge and give them your hub info and you can get $25 fares each way plus tax. The caveat is that if it has a stop or switch (not a single leg or a SWA "direct" flight) it will be $25 for each segment. I have never had a problem with buying them, its really nice to have when USAir is always crazy overbooked.

Back