Suggestions? Throw 'em at us!

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Remember, NJC is totally dependent upon your suggestions. Chances are, if you didn't see it in 2006, it's because YOU didn't suggest it after 2005.

Let us know what your suggestions are.

Doug

The J/C 2006 Network was quite an event! Everybody had a good time & maybe learned a thing or two.

Maybe next year, we can organize some more aviation related events spread over "2" days?

Going with Tracey's idea (ComplexHiAv8r), perhaps we can build on the mock interviews, maybe I can get Allegiant airlines to assist with that? I may be able to talk them into it, if they are not busy....

Doug/Kristie, the suite thing at the Belagio was perfect, plenty of room to move around & plenty of space to sit.....

a group flight over the Grand Canyon/Lake Mead/Hoover Damn, Red Rock.....for those who can afford it. we could go 2+ to a plane and swap controls on the way back. May not sound so great for those of you in the big leagues, but I think it would be cool. It would also help to add to your "yeah, I've flown with him" list

I'd like to ask that you please put your suggestions in the suggestion box so that we can keep them compiled all at the same place.. that way doug and I know exactly where to find them and implement them!

Thanks!!

Doug

Going with Tracey's idea (ComplexHiAv8r), perhaps we can build on the mock interviews, maybe I can get Allegiant airlines to assist with that? I may be able to talk them into it, if they are not busy....

Need help with the mock interrogations?

Once again to Doug and Kristie thank you SOOOOOOO much for the time and energy you took to run this event. I had an AWESOME time and can't wait till next year. This event kicks A$$!

These suggestions are just some ideas I thought about today.

Maybe start a Network Organizing Committee. Have different aspects of the group, for example someone is social chair, someone as tour chair, someone as hotel room chair, and someone as nonrev chair. I will be the first to volunteer for ANY position on the committee.

Las Vegas is an AWESOME choice to have the event. However, it is very expensive. To lock people in AND help them be able to afford it what about this idea. We have a Network JC Fund set up. The fund will be set up through a financial institution such as Smith Barney. Members that want to attend will have the fund automatically deduct from their bank accounts 20.00 a week that is put into the fund. Do this from January to October, allow interest to accure then those members will have close to 800.00 for the event. That is MORE than enough to cover a hotel room, have some extra spending money, and lock people in to attending (obviously if something comes up and you can't make it then you get your money back!). Give the members a money order or something like that when they show up in Vegas and then they are all set! I know in my own personal experience that when I have things automatically deducted from my bank account it has worked well for me. When I was CFIing or even today 20.00 a week is nothing.

To help those attending that do NOT have pass benefits, those that do volunteer a pass to help those get to Vegas. That can save people a few hundred dollars on airfare!

Without a doubt have it at the Bellagio. AWESOME place and setup to have it at. Also I think we should try real hard to all stay at the same hotel. Like you said in another thread maybe try to pick different days of the week. We stayed at Monte Carlo last night for 58.99! Bellagio rooms were 119.00!!!!!!! I would pay a little extra to be centrally located (cabs add up) and be together than pay a little less for a hotel that I was the only one from the group staying in.

I will probably come up with more. If you need any help with implementing any of these ideas let me know! Thanks for a great weekend!

I think the recurring theme so far is that we would all like to be closer to one another and the event. Having the event on weekdays could be better due to the cost of hotels and loads.

I think the recurring theme so far is that we would all like to be closer to one another and the event. Having the event on weekdays could be better due to the cost of hotels and loads.

But... some people have M-F 9-5 ers that are hard to get out off.

Vacation
Personal Days
Sick Days

There are several different ways to take off, if you know about it in advance...

Besides, rates are much different during the weekdays....

All true... I suppose the weekday situation is unique to me. The Army has no "personal" or "sick" days, and I'm only allowed to take leave at certain times.

So nevermind!

All true... I suppose the weekday situation is unique to me. The Army has no "personal" or "sick" days, and I'm only allowed to take leave at certain times.

So nevermind!

When I was in the Navy, we could request "Special Days off" & run that up the Chain of Command, not sure if they do stuff like that anymore.

Of course the days would have to be really special....

It doesn't matter to me when we do it, just as long as we do it. Truth be told, I make more money on weekends so I'm happy to travel during the week. Plus, the covers at the clubs may not be as high and we might be able to move around more!

I'd really like to see us all stay in one place (somewhat how it was tried in NJC04, albiet not totally successfully)

If you guys know like a year or 8 months in advance can you take vacation time for NJC 07 or would you still try to bid it off and cross your fingers?

I stayed at the Tropicana........

Wed: $55.95==Deuce style
Thurs: $60.95==Sweet
Fri: $175.95==D'oh, this hurts
Sat: $185.95==When am I getting on w/ DAL or CAL? [size=-5](you should see the Bellagio suite you can afford as a DAL FO.....jk :sarcasm:)[/size]

It's an OK hotel......nothing special and the room left much to be desired. Weekdays is definitely where it's at if you're looking for a budget-friendly trip!!!!!!

I'm only sporting the "thrice".......graduated from the "deuce" many moons ago, but it still hurts to pay 3x as much for the room from one night to the next.

We should seriously consider the event during weekdays next year. After all, it's ALWAYS the weekend in Vegas.......just need to convince corporate America of this as well.

The rates for this year's NJC were due to the P.B.R. rodeo.
not just that.. but i'm thinking more than 10 events were going on considering the high amount of traffic and so forth

i mean there was the rodeo, fetish & fantasy fest, halloween at the clubs, vegoose, buffett concert and who the heck knows what else!

I'd really like to see us all stay in one place (somewhat how it was tried in NJC04, albiet not totally successfully)

If you guys know like a year or 8 months in advance can you take vacation time for NJC 07 or would you still try to bid it off and cross your fingers?
see, that's what i'd really like to know too...

the reason that 2004 didn't work all that good was because a lot of people were looking for cheaper than $80/room...which is the price we had at the hawthorne...now, gotta admit that that group room rate was really good for being vegas and for being a weekend....

BUT, if people are still going to look for a room that's less than $80 or what i can find as a group rate, then we can't afford to do it because in order to qualify for group rates, we have to have at least 30 + rooms guaranteed...and if we don't rent those, then doug and i have to pay for the rest....so we've been really up iffy as to whether or not to go that route again.

now, the idea of collecting funds so each NJC attendee has enuff money for room, food and spending cash is a good idea.. but it would be hard to implement and hard to stick too because of the drop outs that occur near the event (we had 5 drop out and at least 5-8 no show due to whatever reason). the only thing i can think of to make it easier would be to have everyone designate or open their own bank account and keep track themselves...$20/month from January to October.. figure $30/registration, $150/night hotel (for a nice hotel, probably not the bellagio cuz that's more expensive), $50-100 for food each day and spending/show/gambling cash...

Back