Subway/Train

Maybe a 1 block. The pedestrian bridge lets you out into the office building's parking lot that is right next to the Marriott.

yup.. part of the reason i chose that hotel.

it's too late to get a group sale on a 2 or 3 day visitor pass but it might not be a bad idea to have someone stop at a jewel (grocery store) and pick up a bunch of day passes for saturday so we dont' ahve to worry bout how often we take train.

maybe i'll put a poll up and see how many passes we would need - if someone were to be able to pick them up?

I am pretty sure they have vending machines at the Cumberland stop that sell the weekend passes. 99% sure at least. :)

Nope. You can't even get on the el without a ticket to get through the gates. Some stations have someone working an information window but they're usually asleep half the time.

If you have cash you can feed the machine and it will give you your ticket. I'm not sure about the Cumberland Station, but just about every stop has those machines. If you want to ride the train a whole bunch you could put about 10 bucks or so in the machine and it will deduct the fare each time you ride.

If you have cash you can feed the machine and it will give you your ticket. I'm not sure about the Cumberland Station, but just about every stop has those machines. If you want to ride the train a whole bunch you could put about 10 bucks or so in the machine and it will deduct the fare each time you ride.

Right on. Here's a list of locations for passes: http://www.chicagotransitauthority.com/maps/fares.html#outlet Cumberland staion is included.

As EDUC8-or stated, even if you cant get a kiosk that emits passes, you can still pump in enoungh dough to cover the rides you think youll need on one ticket.

Also http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com is a pretty helpful tool to plan trips, and inclides walking distances. I live in the city and use the site quite a bit.

C'ya soon.

There are vending machines at the O'Hare stop too if anyone is planning to ride the train to the hotel. You are better off using the vending machines to get the card and use it for those days you are here. You can also get the transit card and put money on that too if they don't have the day passes. The attendants there only help out, they used to dispense fares but that was years ago when we used to do paper transfers:laff:.

Back