Stranger on plane adopts woman’s newborn after meeting on flight

Oxman

Time for a aviation feel good story.....or just a feel good story.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...oman-newborn-meeting-flight-article-1.3930246

1523556897057.png

A chance encounter between two women traveling on the same plane blossomed into a unique family.
Samantha Snipes was eight months pregnant when she first met Temple Phipps nearly two years ago. The 24-year-old was traveling to Raleigh to visit a new boyfriend at the time but missed her connecting flight in Atlanta, according to Today.
The mother-to-be managed to nab the final seat on standby flight to North Carolina next to Phipps, who immediately sensed Snipes’ nerves and asked if she was all right.
Snipes tearfully revealed she had just escaped an abusive relationship and was unsure whether she would able to take care of a child.
“She realized I didn’t have a plan for what I was going to do with the baby,” Snipes told Today. “And it was kind of a realization for me as well. I had no idea what I was going to do.”
Phipps, who had always wanted to be a mother, almost immediately thought their encounter was fate and offered to adopt the child.
“I have this amazing community and amazing group of friends that would support me in this if you think that I would be worthy of caring for your child,” she told Snipes. “I would love the opportunity to adopt him, please think about it.”
The pair exchanged numbers and a few days later, Phipps got the call — her travel companion had given birth to a son.
Phipps raced to the hospital and cradled the newborn. Snipes said their connection was apparent and immediately asked Phipps to adopt the baby boy, who she named Vaughn.
“Watching them together. That’s it — I just saw everything that I was never going to be able to give him myself.”
Phipps officially adopted the infant last August and Snipes moved to North Carolina to start her own photography business and be near Vaughn, who is now 18 months old.

Back