STL jobs

cdorsey

Anyone know of anything beyond flight instruction positions in the St. Louis area? Finding it difficult with 960TT and 121 experience.

RW

BB has some stuff up his sleeve, im telling you. Also I think enough people will take the voluntary furlough and you will be ok. I have been here over a year and I have yet to see less than 15 people leave a month- even last month. So, don't sweat it (just don't kill me if it happens!) While I do think its smart to look for other options, I would definitely wait to see how this plays out....

BTW did your brother ever CFI at Pittsburgh Flight Training Center?

While I hope you are right, Im 32 people from the bottom. So it would take an awful lot of people to fix that. Right now, Id almost rather take what's coming than get displaced even further away from home. We'll see. But the displacement bids have happened. No official notice yet, but I wasn't expecting any. If nothing happens till after the 17th, then something is up. Also, do not have a brother so no luck there,

RW

BB has some stuff up his sleeve, im telling you. Also I think enough people will take the voluntary furlough and you will be ok. I have been here over a year and I have yet to see less than 15 people leave a month- even last month. So, don't sweat it (just don't kill me if it happens!) While I do think its smart to look for other options, I would definitely wait to see how this plays out....

BTW did your brother ever CFI at Pittsburgh Flight Training Center?

Are you aware of the reductions that all Airways carriers got for this Fall? I hope you are right. But to tell him not to worry about it is almost the most ignorant thing i've heard. Sorry but he needs to get things figured out and try to find an alternative. Dont take it personal and I know you are being optomistic but still..... Maybe you can get more DAl stuff but Airways has massive reduction this fall.

Are you aware of the reductions that all Airways carriers got for this Fall? I hope you are right. But to tell him not to worry about it is almost the most ignorant thing i've heard. Sorry but he needs to get things figured out and try to find an alternative. Dont take it personal and I know you are being optomistic but still..... Maybe you can get more DAl stuff but Airways has massive reduction this fall.

*sigh*

Try sitting down, re-reading the posts, and get back to me. Where did I tell him not to go out and find something else? Maybe it was here...
While I do think its smart to look for other options, I would definitely wait to see how this plays out....
No, thats not it....maybe somewhere else...
And I mean, don't take it personally or anything....

Anyway, Yeah I used to fly with a guy with the last name Dorsey at PFTC and I know we have a guy here named J... Dorsey, I didn't know if there was any relation.

"While I do think its smart to look for other options, I would definitely wait to see how this plays out...."

Why not find something now and if it plays out simply say, "Apparently the airlines cut too many too early and I appreciate the offer but will not be able to accept it." Thus he's prepared if the reality does happen and airways reductions do happen like they are planned. Perhaps you are right and some DAl stuff is going to come through. Who knows. I know thats the popular rumor these days. But until he gets notice saying, "your furlough is no longer needed" he sure as hell best be looking for jobs and if offered accept them until other wise told.

Wow, thanks Paul for saying something I just said! I appreciate it!

No I believe you said he should wait.... but you know it all man. As prenormal for yourself. Why wait to see how it plays out at all. That just made no sense. But you did have something smart to say to start it off, but ended it with one of the most ignorant statements to wait and see how things go. Doesnt make sense.

No I believe you said he should wait.... but you know it all man. As prenormal for yourself. Why wait to see how it plays out at all. That just made no sense. But you did have something smart to say to start it off, but ended it with one of the most ignorant statements to wait and see how things go. Doesn't make sense.

Ya know, good thing you keep posting and making yourself sound more ignorant.
Why wait to see how it plays out at all.
Why wait? Maybe he should jump ship now and give up? That's kinda ignorant advice....You still need reading comprehension. You missed my post completely and then, to make yourself sound even more ridiculous, not only type words that have no meaning (prenormal?) but...man, ya can't even spell (optomistic?)...

So...are you done with the thread hijack or did you want to make yourself sound alittle more like a high school drop out that got a flying job? Drop it, move on, save alittle face, and you might come out of this not sounding so immature.

Honestly, you are only hurting yourself by acting like this. Try typing, walking away, coming back and re-evaluating what you just typed. Maybe then you wont piss so many people off that would be willing to help when you get furloughed.

Who said anything about jumping ship. He can interview and get a job. He can tell future employeers that he is free to start work as of Sep 1st or whatever day he's free. However you would not know how it is to be furloughed and have no clue. To tell him to wait and see is very ignorant. However he can accept offers from companies right now and start to know what he will do. Its very simple to to say, "I can start working for you effective September 1st." Thus he knows and has a job ready to start. However you wouldnt know anything about that I guess. Your job is safe unlike his and others. So perhaps they should just wait and see what happens and not have a job lined up come Sep 2nd they could start.

But mature post. Go and pick on the spelling errors and act like a real professional. Its greatly appreciated. Man why do we have so many idiots on these forums these days. Just an FYI buddy... Colege Degree and 3.9 GPA on it as well. But when people type and get annoyed with asses they from time to time spell words incorrectly as they just try to type as much as they can as fast as they can. Due to be annoying by someone who has no clue about a current situation or what it feels like.

And on a side note I've already accepted a job and they are willing to let me start Sep 11th the day my furlough is effective. But that's something you wouldnt recommend apparently. Oh and its paying what a CA would make with 4-5 years experience at either of our companies.

Who said anything about jumping ship. He can interview and get a job. He can tell future employeers that he is free to start work as of Sep 1st or whatever day he's free. However you would not know how it is to be furloughed and have no clue. To tell him to wait and see is very ignorant. However he can accept offers from companies right now and start to know what he will do. Its very simple to to say, "I can start working for you effective September 1st." Thus he knows and has a job ready to start. However you wouldnt know anything about that I guess. Your job is safe unlike his and others. So perhaps they should just wait and see what happens and not have a job lined up come Sep 2nd they could start.

But mature post. Go and pick on the spelling errors and act like a real professional. Its greatly appreciated. Man why do we have so many idiots on these forums these days. Just an FYI buddy... Colege Degree and 3.9 GPA on it as well. But when people type and get annoyed with asses they from time to time spell words incorrectly as they just try to type as much as they can as fast as they can. Due to be annoying by someone who has no clue about a current situation or what it feels like.

And on a side note I've already accepted a job and they are willing to let me start Sep 11th the day my furlough is effective. But that's something you wouldnt recommend apparently. Oh and its paying what a CA would make with 4-5 years experience at either of our companies.

Yet you show sooo much maturity and post again. Is that last line supposed to mean something?

Your post did give me a chuckle though. I'm so glad you presume to know me. (I hyperlinked that word so you wouldn't have to look it up in the dictionary.)

Really.

You always do show your true colors Paul.

Glad they didn't have a grammar class at your "Colege"

Then again, you are always welcome to PM me. Or leave it in here, since all my friends (and I'm sure a few others) do get a good laugh out of your posts.

Where'd you find that job at?

just to follow up, I got put on the street Sept. 8th. The f-bomb did happen. Looking for any updates around here. I don't yet have 135 mins. Parks is out. Looking for anything at this point.

just to follow up, I got put on the street Sept. 8th. The f-bomb did happen. Looking for any updates around here. I don't yet have 135 mins. Parks is out. Looking for anything at this point.

Did you check out at KALN? they might need instructors. I believe that Scott Aero Club is looking for instructors too, and I thought I heard somewhere you don't have to be in the military. SIU might need instructors too (long drive, but an option).

I know that Scott AFB Aero Club is looking for instructors. PM me if you want more details, I worked there for two years before going to Flight Express and I still talk with most of the instructors over there. Also, if you live in the STL Area with Scott having the Airshow this weekend, you can talk to some of the members over there at the Airshow in the open hangar. Again, PM for more details.

Back