Still in Vegas

ComplexHiAv8r

It hasn't been this bad since the UAL strike in 1985. Stuck trying to get out on Ted (UAL). 14 hours in this airport and counting. One more for the night, but it does look good, or so they say. Actually in 1985, it took 27 days to get home, but that is another story. :banghead:

I thought all you pilots got your familes to fly for free around the world? The general public never really understood the idea behind non-rev.

Very nice to meet all of you, thanks for listening to my story. I will be back! :nana2:

Tracy

I think that the problem is you tried to get out of Vegas on a Sun. Trying to get to Vegas on a Fri. and trying to leave on a Sun on stand by is going to be tuff by any measure!

-Matthew

Oh man. That sucks. Hope you get home soon. I got out on SWA this afternoon. Went to change into my handy dandy brown pilots uniform in the men's room by the Southwest ticket counter. First stall I look in some guy had puked all over the floor. Isn't Vegas great. Next stall was empty and I did my superman routine. I'm telling ya, it's so glamourous being an airline pilot and changing into your uniform in a bathroom stall in LAS.

The good news is I got out on my first try. Thanks to CASS, I was able to sit up front on a full SWA flight to ONT.

I had some of the same bad luck coming down and it was WED. I ended up using FF points to complete because it looked bad (I had book it in advance). Found out today that while I had the last flight tonight on the return FF, since I didnt use it properly on the way out it deleted the return. They called my wife and told her yesterday, and I didnt speak to her until I was headed for the airport this morning. I am actually on a retiree pass which is down the list a few, not like back in the day with 30 yrs senority on your side. It's actually kinda fun, its been years since I did this. Almost went to SFO to get out of LAS, but it ended up being full as well. I don't have anything major scheduled until Wed, so if it takes a day to get home, I will still be ok. At least LAS has FREE WIFI!!!!

ComplexHiAv8r said:
It hasn't been this bad since the UAL strike in 1985.

Dude, I think I now know how you guys feel about non-rev travel. Holy crap, that was NOT fun.

Because of the security lines, and people taking 20 minutes to discuss whether or not TSA approved nose hair clippers were legal and not listening me to say, folks, I'll pitch it, I've got a plane to catch while they're debating it (they finally said it's okay), I lost my seat. But I got there before the doors closed so they said, hold on, we've got one pax who hasn't shown. Stand here, and we'll see what we can do.

Got on by the skin of my teeth -- that was the last empty seat on the plane. It was a middle seat way in the back of the airplane, but I was happy to haveit.

EVERYTHING was full. Tried United, American, Southwest direct flights, but no gos on all of them. Finally had to run to a flight to IAH, to try and make the last flight to ORD, which got in at midnight. Now I gotta take a morning flight to commute in to work, which is probably full.

RAISE THE TICKET PRICES!

My flat ass is not from being skinny. It's from the jumpseats!

I assume that you guy were affected by trimmed airlines' schedule. Hope I can make it next year.

adreamer

Nope. We were affected by leaving Vegas (or anywhere for that matter) on a Sunday. I got to LA fairly quickly (second attempt), but sat there for five hours before getting the jump back home. Damned revenue standbys screwed everything up because they decided they didn't want the flight they paid for. They wanted to go earlier.

Home finally, had a 5 hour layover at ORD once I got there this morning. Getting on the CAK flight was easy.

YES - RAISE THE TICKET PRICES!!!!

I had a pilot ask me about my JetCareers luggage Tag and I mentioned NJC (Ok, not all of it!). I had grabbed a few so I gave him mine. Might have a new lurker now!

well, i'm sorry you all had such a hard time getting back!! but we thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and seeing you all again!!

We are talking about making it a thursday/friday gig so that thursday hotel prices are low and so all the non-revving can be completed on saturday which is a lot better day to non-rev!

so please, make sure you put your suggestions, comments and so forth in the suggestion box.. no worries, cuz you can't hurt our feelings (I think)... hahaha

I tried Kristie but your PM box was full. I actually tried to send to both Doug and you and with your's full it also doesn't deliver to Doug.....new feature in the new software?

Back