Staying Sharp

WaterRooster

I am trying to find a way to stay sharp on all of the little pieces of knowledge that will be asked during an interview at the majors. Things that we all know or taught as instructors that we may not use everyday flying the line. What does everyone use to make sure they are staying current on knowledge that tends to get rusty?

I am trying to find a way to stay sharp on all of the little pieces of knowledge that will be asked during an interview at the majors. Things that we all know or taught as instructors that we may not use everyday flying the line. What does everyone use to make sure they are staying current on knowledge that tends to get rusty?

When I was brushing up for the interview game while I was still on active duty in the AF, I had a PDF copy of "Everything Explained" from which I read about 5-10 pages every day.

That book is super useful, but it's the printed equivalent of doing a ground school lesson where the cfi SHOUTS EVERY OTHER SENTENCE at you and waves his arms in front of your face for emphasis.
Good information for sure but 5 to 10 pages in that book is about all you can do before your eyes start to bleed.

Thoroughly agreed with you both.

Unfortunately, it is the most complete collection of information like it out there currently.

Anyone have the PDF copy of that floating around? I have the printed copy at home, but on deployment it would have gotten destroyed.

Aviation Interview gouges are good starts but it really depends on who you are interviewing with. Delta has a lot of technical portions to their interview, where as AA is more scenario based questions.

Back