Start Date: January 5th!

Dubbs42

Well I'm all set with the reserved date on January 5th for the private, early March for ACPP. I heard one other person is signed up for that date...drop me a line if anyone will be starting then. Just waiting on my study materials to start pumping out those writtens! Wish I could jump forward a few months! can't wait...

dubbs

Hey, I'm also signed up for the January 5th class. I just got my deposit and such in yesterday to also start the PPL at Jax. Are you also native to AZ? I see you are in AZ. I'm from Show Low. Drop me an email! flyn_ace_99@yahoo.com I'm always checking it!

Marilyn

Dubbs......congrats on your start date. You made a good decision. I am a product of the ACP program and you are going to love it. I didn't do my private with them, but I wish I had. It would have saved me some money. I encourage you to get those writtens finished ASAP. Then you can concentrate more on the flying portion of the ACP program. Good luck.

Thanks man, I'm countin' the days...I just wish I had more time to study for them, with working 30hrs/wk and finishing up a heavy load academically gets me pressed for time. Looks like I might have to finish up the last few during PPL. By the way, do I have to pay any fees if I take them here at the phoenix location? I'm about ready to set up a date for the private...

You dont have to pay to take your writtens. I beleive you can take it at the PHX location. However I dont know about the private pilot knowledge test. That might not be included.

Also, I think Smokey mentioned that he would be starting inJan. good luck.

-Brian

Thx Brian-

I'll give them a call over there, sounds consistent with what I've heard. Even if I do I guess it'll be reimbursed once I show up in JAX....Yup, looks like it's me, smokey, marilyn, and one more mystery winner...see ya in Jan. - 67 days 'till liftoff!

Jonathan

No kidding... I'm ready to finally get the whole flying thing going. 85 hours and still no private gets old after 2 years.
mad.gif
(DOWN WITH RIDDLE). Thants another story...

Anyhow... sounds like we are gonna have a good time. I look forward to training together.

Marilyn
smile.gif

85?!?! Geeeez, they should let you just take the friggin' checkride and go straight to ACP. -and here I am with 0hrs with a discovery flight...I'm the virgin of the group, lol.
grin.gif

Hey everybody, I hopefully will be starting in January as well. I called Jacksonville yesterday and talked to a guy for a while and he told me to leave a message for Jim. So I did, and he didn't call back. I called back today but Jim was still not there. I really want to get reserved for the Jan. start date. Any advice on what i should do. I also only have a discovery flight so we will be on the same page dubbs. Anyway hope to see you guys there, I will try back again tomorrow but I doubt I will talk to who I need to on a Saturday. Take Care.

You can also ask for Erol, the finance guy, and Rich Tillery, the chief pilot to get the ball rollin on the next step...

Yeah 85 hours
frown.gif
. I am using the King CDs to relearn a bunch of stuff. I think I have a thick enough aviation background to do well at ATP. But I know that if I want to know anything beyond the written, then I would have to do the work on that as well. I think the one thing I did get out of Riddle was my minors in Aviation Weather, Aeronautical Science and Aviation Saftey. Aside from living with pilots, I have always been learning a little something. Learning can be contagious...

Marilyn

Here's your fourth. Put in my deposit today, and I am quite excited and anxious. A little nervous though about the fast pace of the program, because i have very little aeronautical knowledge. I am also now waiting on the materials they are sending out so I can get started with something. Dubbs, I was just curious about getting the writtens done. When I was talking to Jim today, I asked about what i needed to get done prior to coming in Jan. He said that I should just look over the gleim that they will send me and suggested that i buy the King videos for the private. He said that I would take the private written when I get to Jacksonville. This was a little bit of a relief because i thought i had to get all the writtens done before starting the private, but he said there will be adequate time to do them during the program. So what are you guys doing to prepare. I do not want to be behind at all and I was thinking about going to one of those weekend aviation seminars but that seems like alot to learn in two days.

Also where is everyone doing their ACPP at. Jim put me down for Jacksonville but said I could change that if I wanted after I become more aquainted with the operation. Can't wait to see everyone in sunny FLA. ~Joe

im doing the ACPP in either atlanta or jacksonville. most likely atlanta and i will be starting around mid may

You could try playing on MS FlightSim to gain some more insight, not the real thing but its a start and something to compliment all the literature we get to read up on. Also stop by some local airports and just hang-out talking to people, or go up with a pilot friend for another hour flight...I have an air transport class that gets me into discussions with other student pilots and professionals about the industry in general. I'm doing anything and everything (well as much as time permits)... Just as Marilyn said - Learning is contagious, and I think I caught the flying bug...

Dubbs, I won't be able to make it to ATP in Jan. Key Bank would not give the loan with a co-signer that makes over 170,000 per year! However, I am in the process of getting a loan from my credit union and I should be tearing up the skies in Feb. or March.1

Smokey

"Key Bank would not give the loan with a co-signer that makes over 170,000 per year!"

Yikes!.. I don't know anyone that makes that much.. How am I ever gonna get the money?
frown.gif
confused.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
"Key Bank would not give the loan with a co-signer that makes over 170,000 per year!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny how it works. I had a similar experience. When I moved to DC I tried to rent a crummy $700/mo studio apt. I wasn't making much money so they required a co-signer. I had someone who was making at least a half mil. a year and had a net worth well into the 8 figure range. They wanted a bank reference, they called his bank (he is an owner of the bank). When asked about his payment history the VP of the bank responded by saying "He always makes my paycheck on time". Long story short they still rejected him. Luckily I managed another way to get the apt.

It taught me a good lesson about credit. Even if you're loaded you should still borrow some money even if its small and you don't need it. My co-signer had no credit history, all his commercial activity was not listed on his personal credit and his home was in his wife's name.

It was funny to watch the reaction of guy when he got turned down to rent this dump. OUCH!

Uh, if you have a bank owner who's willing to co-sign a loan for you, why doesn't his bank (or him personally..sheesh) loan you the cash???

[ QUOTE ]
Uh, if you have a bank owner who's willing to co-sign a loan for you, why doesn't his bank (or him personally..sheesh) loan you the cash???

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't a loan, it was a rental contract.

When a person wants to rent an apartment in an apartment complex it is often customary for them to evaluate whether you can afford to make the rent. So they do a credit check and verify your employment etc. According to equal opportunity housing regs everyone must follow the same criteria for consideration. Co-signers are no different. I offered to pay them the entire balance of the contract, but that cannot be considered in an application... but I digress.

Aloft read (Sheesh) the posts above and you'll see that the point I was making is this discussion is that having a high income co-signer doesn't necessarily guarantee that you'll get a loan, achieve happiness, or get an apartment in the gehtto.

Back