Standz

chrisdahut1 said:
2 years? Thats nothing I did nearly 3 years!

I didn't think I'd see the day where Broward guys were getting done quicker then Sanford, but it's happened. Not that it matters anymore now that Mesa seems to be the only airline to look forward to at the end of it.

Mesa isn't the only place folks are getting hired right now. Recently quite a few guys/gals are getting on with American Eagle and Continental Express also. I also heard from a Chataqua FO that came back to visit that they are going to start hiring again big time in a couple months.

Wannabe2 said:
Mesa isn't the only place folks are getting hired right now. Recently quite a few guys/gals are getting on with American Eagle and Continental Express also. I also heard from a Chataqua FO that came back to visit that they are going to start hiring again big time in a couple months.

Fair enough...But I've talked to some ex-students there recently who have completed their instructor time and they seem fairly resigned to going to Mesa. They haven't even mentioned Expressjet or Eagle. I'm not sure if they just want the quickest interview or what, but they didn't seem too thrilled either.

As for Chautauqua....I think we're done with any mass hiring for a while. Our CEO said he is done with 50 seat contracts and is looking to expand only the 70 seat operation. Looks like he meant it too....he didn't even put in a bid for additional Delta MCO flying which allowed Mesa to move in and slowly take the place over. I just hit my one year anniversary today of finishing IOE and hitting the line and got rewarded with a reserve schedule for the first time since June. Nearly half of FLL FOs are on reserve and it's only going to get worse as we lose more Florida flying in the months to come.

Sorry to sound pessimistic....but 50 seaters are a slow dying breed at CHQ. And since you need ATP mins to go to the 170...I wouldn't hold out too long for an interview. But hey, I hope your friend knows something I don't....it would certainly make my day!

Transitions

What I think is that the industry is going through a rough adjustment period, the 50 seaters are gone, long live the 70+ seaters!

As we all try to work through the bankrupcies, consolidations, mergers, etc. its easy to get discouraged. Eventually, this industry will pull through and won't that be a great day.

So as the regionals transition from the 50 to the 70+ seater, we just gotta hold on.

Just don't give up!!

Back